Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WH40k: Space Marine

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Agreed that it's all a bit repetitive, but I honestly believe that they will use this as a benchmark for future sequels, who will hopefully be more of everything Warhammer 40K (Meaning drop pod assaults, Dreadnoughts, Titans, Tank battles,...).

A game like this, which puts you in several roles (Imperial Guard, Space Marine, Inquisitor, Chaos Marine,...) would be epic.

Yeah its a good start, id buy a sequel if it jsut had more to do. And also, i forgot,
    sidonius dies, why couldnt the have just had him mortally wounded? INSTANT DREADNAUGHT!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Go to play Exterminatus for the first time (been in college all week so this is my first chance). Game is just about to start when suddenly "Steam servers will be going down for maintenance." :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,332 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That sucks.

I was going to post about this I suppose but I forgot to. They announced the new Co-op mode and I dove straight in.

You, 3 other Space Marines, and 20 waves of Orks from all directions. Nobs, Rokkit Boyz, you name it. It's hard, I haven't got past wave 20 yet and I've tried a few times. Really can't go wrong in your class selection though, I've had as much fun as an assault as I have a devastator.

So much blood.... and these type of chaps, which are all annoying as hell and often quite difficult to kill. The Slugga Boyz all sport power swords too, just to make those times you get completely ass raped by them all the more meaningful.

http://www.spacemarine.com/blog-post/introducing-5-new-ork-enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

It's hard
    It's incredibly fun though - I completed Wave 20 of Kalkys Facility(?) with some friends last night on the first or second attempt and it was incredibly chaotic, but so much fun. Our group setup was Heavy Bolter & Plasma Cannon Devs, plus Thunder Hammer (me :P) & Chainsword ASM's for most of the run, although Shoota Boyz proved to be a significant threat (along with Super Heavy Nobz).

Next time I get a chance, I'm gonna give Stalker Bolter-Melta Gun a go. I'm hoping that it should be able to deal with Shoota Boyz and Hard Boyz/Nobs fairly adequately :D

Overall though, it's excellent if you have some friends to play with. I hope Relic will expand on it though, additional maps would be great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Managed to get playing there, did Kalkys Facility. Got past the Orks, then died on the bonus level, and I have to say I enjoyed it from start to end. My team didn't really have a set-up, more everyone went with what they liked, I think in stage 2 it was 3 Devastators and one Tactical (me :o )

Robby91 wrote: »
    I hope Relic will expand on it though, additional maps would be great.

Likewise, I'd love if they expanded on it by adding a couple of new maps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement