Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe Luna is no more

Options
  • 03-06-2011 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭

Has been closed since Monday, all signs of life gone in there and think the furniture might even be gone. Strange as it always seemed to be quite busy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Oh no way, that was a lovely cafe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

Couldn't believe it when I saw Luna was gone, every time I've been in there lately there hasn't been a table free. It will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Ah crap... They were really good too.

I shall miss my occasional bacon and cream cheese bagel whilst sitting outside watching the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Shame. Always enjoyed their Hot Chocolate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Amnesty Cafe around the corner seems to have closed up too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I was in there last weekend for the first time and loved it! Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I liked the paintings they had! Kennys in eyre square centre has also closed,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Amnesty Cafe around the corner seems to have closed up too
    thats gone about two months at least :rolleyes:

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    I liked the paintings they had! Kennys in eyre square centre has also closed,
    Kennys? Do you mean Kinneys jewellers which also closed a couple of months ago?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Kennys? Do you mean Kinneys jewellers which also closed a couple of months ago?

If he says yes are you going to rolleyes at him?
    Cos people love that.

• Advertisement

If he says yes are you going to rolleyes at him?
    Cos people love that.
    Might do.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Sad to hear Cafe Luna is gone as i always liked it.I often wonder will all these places that are closing down now eventually re-open when things pick up again in a few years.I did hear on the radio that over 400 cafe's closed down last year around Ireland,thats obviously more then 1 a day.Part of the reason i think could be because maybe there was simply too many cafe's after opening in recent years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Many close down to persuade their landlords they are serious about the rent being too high. Sometimes the landlords see the light and sometimes not.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭3-D Preacher

Sad. Really was a lovely little cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cianof

Many close down to persuade their landlords they are serious about the rent being too high.

Might not be just about the rents. Rates can have an effect too.

http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/Finance/AccountsReceivable/CommercialRates/

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

Where is everyone's "little quiet cafe" of choice?

Seems contradictory to be posting it on the net but with the way so many places in Galway are going at the mo, the littler guys could use the helping hand!

Know it's not exactly a little place but Massimo's during the day for a cuppa is quite nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Cant find the Mizzoni thread but they have now opened a branch beside Supermacs Eyre Sq.
    Also the Kebab/Pizza place on O Briens Bridge is being replaced by a different Kebab/Pizza place.

I walked passed there yesterday and was really dismayed to see that it was closed up and completely empty. They made delicious hot chocolates.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yeah, they were the only place in town that could consistently make a proper cappuccino - not just a latte with choc powder sprinkled on top like most of the other cafes in town. Cafe Luna fast became my favourite coffee spot, and it was always busy....I just hoping they're relocating, but I don't think that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Mactard wrote: »
    Yeah, they were the only place in town that could consistently make a proper cappuccino - not just a latte with choc powder sprinkled on top like most of the other cafes in town. Cafe Luna fast became my favourite coffee spot, and it was always busy....I just hoping they're relocating, but I don't think that's the case.

Bust doesn't always nean viable.

Sad to hear such a good place has closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

mitsuko045 wrote: »
    Where is everyone's "little quiet cafe" of choice?

Seems contradictory to be posting it on the net but with the way so many places in Galway are going at the mo, the littler guys could use the helping hand!

Know it's not exactly a little place but Massimo's during the day for a cuppa is quite nice!

Depends on my mood really. I enjoy Elles if it's not rammed, Java's can be lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Kelly's on high St is a little oasis. Thought it a bit 'mammy' at first but staff lovely and a great place to chill with the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

I love kelly's on high st too. Really nice spot, great location and lovely coffee. My favourite galway coffee shop by a long shot.

I see there's an Italian Cafe and Wine Bar going into the former Cafe Luna spot, they are looking for a chef too.

Advertisement