Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Publishing work

• 03-06-2011 2:05am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭

Im pretty sure this question has been asked a million times but bare with me!
    I suppose the question would be how does one go about getting their work in magazines/newpapers? In ireland, or well anywhere. Im not delussional obviously i dont see my stuff being in Vogue or whatever am just curious about the process or is there one?
    Example, i focus a lot on fashion photography and recently worked with a stylist (all for tfp) and she used clothes from pennys and forever 21 and was saying to me it would be great to get them published....which indeed it would but how do you go about it? Or even asking a newspaper or something if they'll show ur stuff in their pages. Again just quite curious about the process.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

The best bet is to have a look on the inside page and if there is a phone number give them a ring and ask them are they looking for submissions (might be all commisioned) and explain what your doing and what you can send them. Ask what delivery method they prefer email/ftp/cd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭veryrandom

Thanks thats really helpful! Is it common for them to accept submissions or do they usually work with people they know/hire?
    Any info is real helpful for me!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

It all depends on the publication and they can put you right when you talk to them, I have submitted and had published work to image and rsvp and hello so I would think they accept submissions that suit their crtiteria

Advertisement