Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to post pictures

Options
  • 03-06-2011 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

This has probably been asked before but how do you post pictures in a thread so that when thread is opened you see the pictures and not just a link?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Upload them to an image hosting website and copy the "forum code" directly into your post, it'll be [IMG)......[/IMG)

Alternatively click the [Embedded Image Removed] button and paste the web address that has the image (click view image then copypaste that address).

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

cz_mag.jpg?noCache=1307088087i.ve just tried it. GREAT it works heres my 22 wmr 10 shot mag.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Upload them to an image hosting website and copy the "forum code" directly into your post, it'll be [IMG)......[/IMG)

Alternatively click the [Embedded Image Removed] button and paste the web address that has the image (click view image then copypaste that address).
    How do you do the same but with video

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

What's the handiest image hoating website to use? Is there one that works with an iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

ssl wrote: »
    What's the handiest image hoating website to use? Is there one that works with an iphone?

Photobucket.com its free and you can use it for photo's and videos

• Advertisement

I did a google search and just used the first one that came uphttp://www.postimage.org/ don't know if it works on the iphone though sorry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

lee70 wrote: »
    How do you do the same but with video

Is it a youtube video?

If so then go to youtube and select the video you want. In the address bar at the top of your screen there will be a line address something like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2BgjH_CtIA

Select all the address after the "v=" bit of the address. So you highlight;

z2BgjH_CtiA

In your response to a post/thread you click on the youtube symbol .......

youtube.gif

and you should get this;

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cheers lads works a treat (Donegal last year)

Sorted! Photobucket have an app for that:p
    7a0f72e7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Just holds with my theory that no one reads stickies :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055376129

• Advertisement

Very little in that stickie about posting photos from smartphones:p
    I tried to update the stickie to say that photobucket and imageshack have apps for posting photos directly from smartphones, but the stickie is locked..

Very little in that stickie about posting photos from smartphones:p
    I tried to update the stickie to say that photobucket and imageshack have apps for posting photos directly from smartphones, but the stickie is locked..

Yeah, locked to keep things tidy.

Write it up here and I'll move it for you and your smartphone :p:D

Ho ho ho, funny man johngalway. Which smiley face is for the green eyed monster :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

That's the best post I have seen in a long time

Ho ho ho, funny man johngalway. Which smiley face is for the green eyed monster :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055376129

And...

It's just soooo true :P :D :pac:

Leeg17 wrote: »

This was working a wile ago was able to cut and paste image from photobucket now for some reason its dosen't work any more :confused: I was highlighting the pic then right click copy then pasting it on boards but now it won't let me do it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mayfly36

lee you dont copy the pic, you copy the link below the pic, if you move your mouse over it and click normally it will auto copy, you then paste it in your post when tying.

untitled.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I have sometimes copied and pasted an image only to find a few days later that it now is only a box with a red X in it. This is usually becasue the site may not allow copy and paste or sometimes if you refresh the page it will come rigt. I'm not exactly computer minded so not really sure of the reasons.

Anyway. Another way to copy and paste is the following.
    • Select the picture you want to copy.
    • Right click on it.
    • Scroll down to properties.
    • Click on it.
    • In the middle of the pop up window is an address for that picture on the website you are on.
    • Highlight the address and right click on it.
    • Select copy.
    • Go back to boards and in the reply box there is an icon to "Insert Image". Looks like this - insertimage.gif
    • Click on it and another pop up window appears.
    • Right click on the address bar and paste the address you copied from the other website.
    • Click "OK" and the image will be posted.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement