Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Z.O.E and Metal Gear reissues coming to xbox!!!!!

Options
  • 03-06-2011 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

.....and PS3 :pac:

What great news this is !!!!!!!!

http://games.on.net/article/12713/Xbox_360__PS3_to_Receive_HD_Metal_Gear_Solid__Z.O.E._Remakes
    What's old is new again or so the saying goes. While some fashion styles were better off dead and buried, some games never grow old in spirit. Speaking at their pre-E3 press conference earlier today, Konami has stated its intentions to release high definition remakes of titles from the Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders franchises. Better yet the both collections will not just be showing up on PS3, as expected, but are also coming to Xbox 360.

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will consist of high-definition updates of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, previously a PSP exclusive. Sadly the collection doesn't include the original Metal Gear Solid or the highly coveted Gamecube remake Twin Snakes. The collection is currently scheduled for release in November.

The Zone of the Enders HD Collection, another series from the mind of Hideo Kojima, collects the original Zone of the Enders and its sequel Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. The Z.O.E Collection is scheduled for a 2012 release.

Konami promises that gamers can expect more than mere ports and instead the original games are being ""optimised and rebuilt" for the collections. Players can also expect redrawn 2D art, effects and fonts, new user interfaces, trophies/achievements and improved audio quality. The MGS Collection will also add force feedback and right analog for Peace Walker.

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will also debut a new game-transferring initiative from Konami dubbed "Transfarring". The new program will allow players to transfers save states between the PS3 MGS Collection and the PSP version of Peace Walker. Hideo Kojima, Konami vice president and MGS mastermind, hopes to expand the technology to PlayStation 2 games between the PS3 and NGP, and later intends to incorporate the technology in all new games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Nice, trying to find Subsistence costing less than 2 kidneys and my first born is hard. And more ZOE, even re-issues, is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

calex71 wrote: »
    What great news this is !!!!!!!!
    I don't really understand the popularity of remakes. I own and have completed the original, and my PS2 is right there. *points* :pac:

I'd rather something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The only shame is it doesn't have the ps one metal gear and that was my favorite :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Great news. Personally can't wait to play MGS 3 again, it was nothing but awesome the whole way through. The End Sniper battle, the last fight in the snow field with that theme music playing and finding various animals and things to eat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

The only shame is it doesn't have the ps one metal gear and that was my favorite :(

Same :( First thing i thought of was how cool the first one will look now.

ah well, will probably get them anyway :)

really want ZOE2 so thats good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

The same is happening for the 2nd and 3rd silent hill games. Fantastic news about metal gear, looking forward to snake eater

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Fantastic news indeed.

Wish Capcom and Square would pull their heads out of their asses and do the same.

Fantastic news indeed.

Wish Capcom and Square would pull their heads out of their asses and do the same.

Agreed, hell there's more than a few I'd buy reissued as is with no fancy things added

Lets see ICO and Shadow next on the list for xbox ports !!!!

I know I know could get for ps2 but mine is long since dead and could not justify a ps3 just for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'd rather something new.

It gives people that missed them the first time a chance to play them, so it's all good. I'll be picking it up for the achievements...with this and Snake Eater 3D, I'll have four copies of 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Did I just miss it while readin that, or is Metal Gear Solid (the PSone one that came out round the late 90s) not mentioned in that collection?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

This is good news as my old Substance disk has been collecting dust ever since I got a new xbox (and the old one red ringed on me...........yeah they can do that!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Agreed, hell there's more than a few I'd buy reissued as is with no fancy things added

I know I know could get for ps2 but mine is long since dead and could not justify a ps3 just for them

Team ico is owned by sony japan so theres no chance of it coming to xbox unless sony pulled a sega and made games only;)

Team ico is owned by sony japan so theres no chance of it coming to xbox unless sony pulled a sega and made games only;)

Yeah I know but a man can dream :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Yeah I know but a man can dream :p

I was like that during my ps2 days , wanted fable on ps2 but eventually my sis got an xbox for christmas and all my dreams came through

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Go on, you know you want to.
    Last Guardian out next year(ish)..

F1ngers wrote: »
    Go on, you know you want to.
    Last Guardian out next year(ish)..

Thanks for the reminder :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nice - hopefully it will give more people a chance to play Peace Walker, most definitely up there with MGS3 (hugs copy of Subsistence) as a pinnacle of the series.

More excited about ZOE though :) Had been looking for a copy of ZOE 2 on Ebay recently with no budgetary joy. This'll do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

It won't be HD, but the PS3 collection comes with a voucher to download it off PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Don't think i could go back and play them again, as much as i loved them the first time around. The ones i haven't played will diffo be getting bought tho.. peacewalker for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

LookingFor wrote: »
    It won't be HD, but the PS3 collection comes with a voucher to download it off PSN.

That is actuOlly pretty good so.

It's lazy anyway. We all know it will be just a high ress same game in the end of the day. Same as beyond good and evil hd. That's why they do it from 2 and up. It's easy job.

I bet 95% were expecting to see mgs1 when coming in to this thread.

Is it me or this e3 will have alot of reboots?

• Advertisement

I don't quite understand the whole HD re-release idea. If they are good games, then I'd by them anyways without them having to be dolled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

deathrider wrote: »
    I don't quite understand the whole HD re-release idea. If they are good games, then I'd by them anyways without them having to be dolled up.
    True but since many would argue graphics have no direct bearing on gameplay, a graphics upgrade can only improve the overall experience.

Overheal wrote: »
    True but since many would argue graphics have no direct bearing on gameplay, a graphics upgrade can only improve the overall experience.

I don't know, personally I'd rather play a straight port. For nostalgic reasons, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

deathrider wrote: »
    I don't know, personally I'd rather play a straight port. For nostalgic reasons, I guess.

yeah.... ps1 games really don't look that nice on my big assed HD tv... Nostalgia can lick my balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah didnt they remake some of the original sonic levels in either sonic adventure or something? Same exact level design just with a modern graphics engine.

Advertisement