Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB driving me up the wall!!

Options
  • 03-06-2011 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

<rant>
    Ok, tbh, this is more of a rant / short story, but essentially this is what I've had from them lately...

I've had a student mastercard for about 7 years now, and the limit was reasonably low (700). I requested to have it increased and was told the limit of a student credit card can't go above 1000, so it was suggested I move to one of the standard cards - so they put the limit to 1000 for the time being and off I went online and applied for a click visa card.
    Got a letter saying basically I couldn't have both, but could transfer the balance from the old one to the new, so I was like, "sure, go on - may as well get it done and move to a more adult card"...
    So, about 2 weeks passed and the new card came... with a limit the same as the student card (1000). Called them up and explained everything and was basically told I'd have to wait 6 months, or I could contact my branch, as they could contact the lenders directly and sort it out.

So off I went and explained everything to the branch and was told they'd check into it and call me back. About 4 days later (as I hadn't heard from them) I called back and she said she'd spoken to her manager whoi had a look at my account and there was nothing they could do about the credit card, but the manager had no problem putting on a top up on my loan, if that was ok?
    So, I said this would be fine and she said she'd send off the info.
    A few days later I called back to check on it, and apparently she hadn't had the time to put through the application, but was doing it today.
    About a week later (2 weeks ago today) I got a letter saying my loan topup was denied, no explaination or anything. So, back I went to the branch where I was told the manager who agreed in the first place would be in monday, and she'd sort it out and I'd get a callback then on monday, and definitely on monday as it was the only day she was in...
    Monday came. Monday went. No callback. So with her not being there, I left it till this week.
    I called yesterday, was told she was speaking to a customer, but the guy I was talking to would grab her when she was free and get back to me soon.
    3 hours later, no word from either of them, so I called again, and after being on hold a few mins was told people were looking into it for me now and I would definitely get a callback soon, probably before 5 but definitelly by 5:30.
    Again, nothing. Spent most of yesterday sitting by my phone in silence just so I didn't miss the call.
    So, I called again this morning and explained everything...again.
    I was told the original girl I was speaking to was dealing with a customer at the moment, but as soon as she was done with her I was next in line for a callback. She couldn't say exactly how long she'd be but she would definitely be calling me back today.

So here I wait for yet another callback. I figure I might give her till about 3 or 4 at the latest. After that, I think i'm gonna have to pick up and go into the branch on tuesday (bank holiday and all). I'll also have to see can I move my branch to one closer to me (the one i'm at now is where my parents live and where i signed up originally).
    </rant>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

A 1000 limit is good how much of a limit did you want on the credit card ? You would need to find out as to why the loan was declined; was it because of track record, unpaids, your salary etc. Easier to call to a branch if you can to find out the reasons why, dont necessary have to your branch any branch could tell you this.

Advertisement