Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone left a creche for childminder?

• 03-06-2011 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi everyone, am looking for a bit of advice on this and where better to come but this forum!!

My son started creche when he was 10 months old, about 10 months ago! We were warned by loads that he'd be constantly on anti-biotics so we were mentally prepared for that to happen...since starting he's only had 1 course of anti-biotics and ironically that was over christmas when he wasn't even in creche!

He has, on the other hand, been picking up every tummy bug that's going around...and then we both get it...at this stage if I hear a kid in his room in creche is sick, I almost make myself sick with worry that he'll catch it and so will we! He has been hospitalised for one earlier this year but has had about 5 others too, since the start of September! People keep telling us that it's just the "settling in" period but 10 months on surely that should have passed!

We started him (and me!) on probiotics after the hospitalisation (end of febuary) and were actually fine until last weekend. He vomitted once on Friday night last weekend and has had the runs all week. I had it on Tuesday and my OH has it today! Just can't keep going like this, I'm actually considering giving up work over it!

We're now looking for a childminder - has anyone made the change from creche for this same reason? How did it work out? Are they still picking up everything or have things improved?! I understand that for kids to pick up some illnesses is normal but myself & my partner are normally really healthy and we're just fed up with this!

Thanks for reading my huge post - all advice gratefully received!!

Advertisement