Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raheen industrial estate-incident

• 03-06-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭

Does anyone know whats happening....I hope it is nothing too serious and no one is hurt

From AA roadwatch
    Emergency services are dealing with an incident in the Raheen Industrial estate. Traffic cannot travel through the estate. Bus services are terminating at the South Port Hotel as a result. Traffic is busy on the Raheen Rd.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Another incident there? There was one there about six to eight weeks ago as well. It was a chemical spill/leak that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Someone crashed into a pole outside Analog Devices. Who it was or how they managed it, I have no idea.

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Someone crashed into a pole outside Analog Devices. Who it was or how they managed it, I have no idea.

Just found out from my bro who works in the industrial estate that a girl he works with was on her way back from the chemist and she hit something. She had to be cut from the car but she's ok thank god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Kess73 wrote: »
    Another incident there? There was one there about six to eight weeks ago as well. It was a chemical spill/leak that time.

Kess,
    Just noticed you have 11,111 posts. Buy a Lotto ticket:)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Spudmonkey wrote: »

Pedestrian crossing and car park entrance and exit in the middle of a straight used by trucks and cars which tear down is prob the cause, been a few near misses in the past before the crossing was put there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

shaaane wrote: »
    If its the road that runs outside the main entrance, it was gonna happen sooner or later. People seem to think that straight is a race track. Could have been someone out learning to drive too though.
    There's some awkward one way set ups in there too, could have been someone avoiding a spacer going the wrong way maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

That would probably explain Shannon Rescue chopper landing in Raheen pitch around that time so. Not good news when that's called in. Hope she's ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Another crash outside the estate in the last couple of days. Anyone know what happened to the railings?

Seemed like a bad one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Grrr I was trying to quit posting here and only Lurk as was getting sick of the place being nothing but an excuse to whinge about crime, business closing and this place being a localized glorified version of the golden pages where most posts are based around where can I get this and that in Limerick yada yada yada from people too lazy to google.
    But yet again due to my morbid attractions to all things negative I am drawn into posting. :D:confused::D:p

One of my workmates today told me the woman that hit the pole Near Analog was trying to avoid a car that was traveling the wrong way up the industrial estate against the one way system. (lost track of the amount of times I've seen ejjits driving in the exit! and up the wrong way and some horrific twists and turns)

separately:

On my way to work this morning outside the estate at the roundabout the railings where the pedestrian island is (opposite the flower shop) was flattened and also the railings at the far side of the road were also flattened. There was a fair bit of oil on the road. It looked like some vehicle would have come off the roundabout mounted the island ploughed through both sets of railings and still had enough momentum to flatten a 3rd set of railings on the far side of the road.

Did not see anything on the news at all about it.
    There were cones up when I passed before 8 this morning and
    Railings were being repaired today around Lunch time.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

bullets wrote: »
    One of my workmates today told me the woman that hit the pole Near Analog was trying to avoid a car that was traveling the wrong way up the industrial estate against the one way system. (lost track of the amount of times I've seen ejjits driving in the exit! and up the wrong way and some horrific twists and turns)

Not surprised, have come across cars coming out of the radio station offices there and headng down the 1 way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

bullets wrote: »
    It looked like some vehicle would have come off the roundabout mounted the island ploughed through both sets of railings and still had enough momentum to flatten a 3rd set of railings on the far side of the road
    Saw that too - would be hard to accomplish it in the course of normal driving!

As for the other thing, I feel for the person who totalled their car and injured themselves. The spacer going round the wrong way probably got away without a scratch. Probably took someone 10 minutes to explain to them why they were wrong. Maybe they met the tool I met one morning - Range Rover, phone glued to the ear, booting it around the wrong way. He'd have driven right over me in my heap of crap old jap car (with functioning car kit and a driver competent enough to use it, oh well :rolleyes:)

The estate is an accident waiting to happen in fairness, they need to re-do the arrows at least. Maybe some one-way-spikey things if that fails!

Advertisement