Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best donuts and cakes

Options
  • 03-06-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

dont know if this is the right forum but where can i find the best donuts in dublin city and cakes as well. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Queen of tarts do amazing cakes, dont think they do donuto tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

You can't beat Thunders, if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Clarkes in Cabra used be great I don't know what it's like now because the staff don't like interrupting their chats wth the regular oul wans long enough to serve other customers.

Queen of Tarts is very good for cakes.
    Has anyone tried the speciality cake makers on the quays?- I dunno what it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I love the donuts from the kiosk on O'Connell street. On the cheaper end I would go for Mannings, they do nice gooey stuff. There used to be a fancy French bakery on Wicklow st and on Trinity street. They both look more like restraunts now though, don't know if they do cakes still. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

+1 for the Rolling Donut kiost on O'Connell Street - so rare to get proper donuts here (fried & not defrosted from a large cuisine de france box)

The Golden Cookie (polish bakery) on Capel Street does the most gorgeous glazed donuts, the Cruller/Twisty types. They also do lovely pastries. Paris Bakery on Moore street has excellent pastries & creamcakes as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Isn't there a cake shop on Talbot Street. Can't remember the name. They do nice jam cakes and stuff.

You can buy them in boxes in supermarkets all over the country.

Can't think of the name now.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

The best Donuts in Dublin Superquinn Jam Donuts amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Lahm wrote: »
    Isn't there a cake shop on Talbot Street. Can't remember the name.

TeaTime Express :) Have to say everything in there always looks burnt & inedible to me, there's something about that place and the other bakery (Anns maybe) near the Kylemore Cafe - windows constantly full of burnt turnovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Aw jubbly. I do love the tea time express.

What about Ann's bakery on Henry Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

speaking of cakes, can anyone tell me where does the nicest coffee slices in the city. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

speaking of cakes, can anyone tell me where does the nicest coffee slices in the city. thanks

definitely Clarkes in Cabra

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

The bretzil (sp) in Lennox st,just off South Richmond. It's years since I had a cake from it but they had the most fantastic selection of cakes,breads and tarts. My God the cream cakes were huge and delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Mannings in Thomas St. is good for gooey cream cakes and coffee slices. They have doughnuts too, I believe, though I haven't tasted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Annes Bakery if your looking for yer jam doughnuts and coffee slices NOMMY!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

As previously mentioned the little booth on O'Connell Street, most definitely the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Read this thread ages ago and tried the donut kiosk. Definitely the best donuts. Plain ones are nicer than chocolate ones, the plain ones are almost crispy on the outside.
    They used to do cinnamon ones years ago, now it's just sugar or chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

There is a French bakery on Moore St. dunno about donuts, but they have amazing things in there of the baked variety!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

cafe opera on clanbrassil street at harolds cross bridge is great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

cafe opera on clanbrassil street at harolds cross bridge is great

Oh, you're right! I haven't been there in so long, I totally forgot. Must pop in again soon. They've opened a Boulangerie on Leonard's Corner now too. So many tasty treats practically on my doorstep - makes me happy! :D

Advertisement