Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT or UCD?

• 03-06-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Im really stuck with choosing which course I want to do.
    Its either Marketing in DIT, or Arts in UCD, with English, Geography and either Art History or German.
    Im so confused, and its driving me mad. I dont know what one to choose. They both appeal to me equally. Could anyone give me perspective on the two courses that could help me choose? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 McHu

While I can't tell you what would be the right choice to make I can tell you about my experience in university. I was unsure of the career path I would take after I left university and so Arts was a very good fit for me. I studied English, History and Greek & Roman in UCD and thoroughly enjoyed all of the subjects - as well as the social life on campus.

In Arts the subject choices give you a lot of freedom to study specific areas that you are especially interested in, so you can tailor your degree to your own interests. In saying this you should probably think about what you intend to do after you graduate, as with an Arts degree you might want to do a masters in order to focus your interests. A number of my friends went on to do year-long courses in marketing or conversion courses to law etc.

Advertisement