Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advise on mobile phone reqd.

Options
  • 03-06-2011 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

looking to get a phone ,not really up on all the new gizmos that they come with.
    what i want is basic functions ,ie on pay as you go , no internet , no emails no apps etc ,

but would like basic functions . text + phone etc and the ability to store pdf documents, up to 8 gb of docs. which can be both stored and viewed on phone and backed up to my computer etc.
    any suggestions welcome, as totally confused about all the bells and whistles they come with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Any modern phone will do that pretty much. You are gonna get all the bells and whistles whether you like it or not :) Just disable internet on the phone if you don't care about it, and don't pay for an expensive data contract naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Any basic nokia with a large memory card would meet your needs I think

• Registered Users Posts: 28 markaarkgas

looking up the internet , there is a vast selection to choose from,
    could you narrow it down to a specific model . this would be very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Well if you want to view PDFs a big screen is good. Big screen means fancy phone tho. Nexus S, Galaxy S, Lg Optimus x2, Desire HD, there are so many.

Have you considered a tablet? You can get cheap tablets with 10" screen that are great for reading ebooks/pdfs. Currys/Peats were selling Archos 101 for e200 a few months ago.

Advertisement