Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Help

Options
  • 03-06-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have damaged my blackberry and looking for some solutions/places i can send it to be fixed

I was out cycling yesterday and had my bb in my back pocket, in the same pocket a gel i had burst (the gel was wrapped in a ziplock bag but managed to leak out)

Since then my bb will power on but will only show a white screen! the battery was dead by the end of the cycle

Any ideas??

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Have you blackberry desktop manager installed?
    If so open windows explorer, go to program files x86, common files, research in motion, app loader, click loader and plug in your blackberry. Does it detect the device?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 acceber

when i plug in the bb to pc, it opens up the manager and performs a back up...

Sounds like the screen might be the only thing gone.

We could try wipe and reinstalling the OS and this "may" jerk it to life. Otherwise if you're not too tech savy then maybe look at fonemenders although I've never used them.

i'm not very tech savvy but have a fair idea.
    i'm based in waterford, i think theres a phone repair place here

p.s its laura from bbm o2 group

Ah. It's cookie here ;)

Try a repair shop but get a quote from them first as it may be worth while replacing the device as opposed to repairing

• Advertisement

i figured it was you!!

I'll check out how much a repair will cost, hopefully not much!!!

:D

Advertisement