Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Pint today: Budweiser Ice Cold Index

• 03-06-2011 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Just to let ye all know, its over 20 degrees at midday today which means a free pint! so anyone who has the app can get a free pint today!

http://www.icecoldindex.ie/page/pubfinder

loads of waterford pubs involved it seems!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

is it one free pint, or free pints for the night??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

One free pint. Depending on how many phones you have though. Or how many times you delete and redownload the app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

One free pint. Mine was lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

plus i havent used my bonus code either, so i have two! whered you have it zeidth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I should have 2 aswell.

• Advertisement

T & H's but on the app (for the iPhone anyway) you can just find the nearest pub and it shows you on a handy map.

ziedth wrote: »
    T & H's but on the app (for the iPhone anyway) you can just find the nearest pub and it shows you on a handy map.

Same on android. Brings up a little map and you can have a look around and pick where ya wanna go for your pint. I dont drink Budweiser, anyone wanna loan of me phone for half an hour lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

Anyone know if a screenshot of the voucher works?

Well on the actual voucher, there's a countdown timer. Bar staff have been told about this and have been warned to keep an eye out for those attempting to use screenshots. The bar staff must also write down the voucher code in a nice little booklet that Diageo gave us and unless a barman is really distracted, they'll notice the identical voucher code immediately.

Gonna have to make a .gif so lol

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    Gonna have to make a .gif so lol

That is genius Seany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭antocann

AdMMM wrote: »
    Well on the actual voucher, there's a countdown timer. Bar staff have been told about this and have been warned to keep an eye out for those attempting to use screenshots. The bar staff must also write down the voucher code in a nice little booklet that Diageo gave us and unless a barman is really distracted, they'll notice the identical voucher code immediately.

i think a pubcrawl is in order , :rolleyes:

^ that's just what I was thinking.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

minus the rolleyes smiley.

Of course,

I didn't actually see it. I hate that smiley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Of course,

:rolleyes:

only a euro off today :( damn city heating up after 12 its 22 degrees!

Of course,

Tis annoying alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

seanybiker wrote: »
    Tis annoying alright.
    :rolleyes:

This was a great idea by budweiser. However, the promotion has been run terribly and i wonder can diageo get anything positive from it now! First their systems couldn't handle the demand and crashed their system on the first day. The temperature is also only calculated once a day and only in 4 points in ireland. The temperature for Waterford is actually taken in cork airport and is one of the coolest areas in the region! It's hard to find any good in a promotion when you're looking at a thermometer that's saying 22 degrees yet this app is telling you to wrap up and put on a jumper because it's supposedly so cold out!

• Advertisement

AdMMM wrote: »
    This was a great idea by budweiser. However, the promotion has been run terribly and i wonder can diageo get anything positive from it now! First their systems couldn't handle the demand and crashed their system on the first day. The temperature is also only calculated once a day and only in 4 points in ireland. The temperature for Waterford is actually taken in cork airport and is one of the coolest areas in the region! It's hard to find any good in a promotion when you're looking at a thermometer that's saying 22 degrees yet this app is telling you to wrap up and put on a jumper because it's supposedly so cold out!

It said the other day when i checked it that it wasnt gonna be checked till 1 o clock, then when it came up it said it was checked at 12. FML (whatever that means)

Agree with ya there Adam, they've really made a right mess of it, in the end they've come out looking bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

"Budweiser is like making love in a canoe,it´s close to water"
    Douglasville,Douglas county,GA.USA 1994 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

"Budweiser is like making love in a canoe,it´s close to water"
    Douglasville,Douglas county,GA.USA 1994 :D

missed a key word there....

Advertisement