Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which course would be easiest to migrate to australia?

Options
  • 03-06-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm just wondering about moving to Australia long term. I'm very happy go lucky and I don't mind what type of work I do. However what I've done so far in life is not on this list .

http://www.visabureau.com/australia/sol.aspx

They are the qualifactions you can use to get sponsorship in Australia to stay there on a more permanent basis. I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the educational section but I'll try here first as some of you have had similar experiences.

So basically I am not fussy about what I do for a living as long as it's respectable and puts food on the table, I'm just wondering which of the items on the list would be the quickest or easiest qualifactions to obtain so I can move some time in the next 2-3 years if at all possible.

I'm open to any advice or suggestions I get, although some of you may think my attitude might be a bit rash, I think it's an 'each to their own' scenario. Thanks for the responses :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭melb

Ah begaragh sur why waste time doing a course atallatall head to Indonesia and get the ferry over with the locals theyll sort ya out.

Your attitude matches the website your using to get information from thats for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Locksmith. Probably the shortist course and the least certification.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

I was thinking Locksmith aswell, will have to do some checking. So does that mean, if I get sponsored as a locksmith, once I'm there for a few years I can apply for resident and then do something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Qualifications are only a useless piece of paper without proper experience, you would need at least 3 years experience to pass a skills assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

think they need farm workers in NZ. seriously. experience only required. far as i remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Get some intensive swimming lessons, buy yourself a lifejacket and a flight to Indonesia. Catch the ""ferry" over to Australia..
    You'll be greeted with free accomodation and access to government supported education upon arrival in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Shut up with the boat people remarks - we are not AH. Cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I think people forget that there are Australians on this forum as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

I presume the NZ way isn't legal though is it ? Be nice to be able to apply for residency and not have to watch your back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Jumpy wrote: »
    I think people forget that there are Australians on this forum as well.
    I dont ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement