Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sims 3 Pets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

It looks amazing :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It better be a proper expansion and not some half arsed standalone. I see its coming out on all platforms so I have reservations for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Its listed on the sims 3 website forums as an expansion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's an expansion for PC and standalone for xbox.

There's a write up about it on Gamespot:
    Gamespot wrote:
    The Sims are expanding again and this time cats and dogs are raining. While the PC version is a fully compatible expansion, the Xbox 360 version we saw served as a standalone adventure. The animals within The Sims 3 Pets were just purchased goods like an everyday item. Instead, just as with Sims, pets could be fully customized in appearance, age and personality.

Using Kinect voice commands, a new born kitten was created with lines such as "Clueless" and "Destructive" for its personality. The species could also be selected among real life breeds including Siamese cats and German shepherds. Even the fur and snouts could be adjusted. However, it's not just limited to the natural. For those who purchase the limited edition, skins such as the tiger dog could be unlocked. It wasn't just the ascetics of the pets that could be manipulated. The pets are fully playable and can take actions similar to their masters.

One singing dalmatian was trained in the art of singing. Along with its equally musical master, the duo headed to the boardwalk to panhandle via song. Another mutt had more of a mean streak and openly destroyed a potted plant on the same beach side shopping district. In another part of town the tiger dog socialized among its canine cohorts. She was even able to locate a worthy mate and establish romance with a sly nuzzle. Pets not only take a life of their own but are a true member of the family.

Tiger dog's owner, Tiger Boy the furry was down on his luck with meeting women. But everyone knows man's best friend is an aged old date magnet. Tiger boy interacted with his pet and asked her to find him a date. From there, the dog search around the nearby pub to locate a suitable girl. After being petted and tickled, tiger dog led the lady to her trampy master. From there the two humans were able to strike up a conversation and enter the start of a friendship. However the world of the Sims isn't always so kind and natural disasters do occur. A meteor then crashed from the sky, obliterated the pub and killed Tiger Boy, his soul mate, and the helpful dog.

We look forward to more wholesome adventures and the PC version's integration when The Sims 3 Pets arrives on October 25th in North America and October 28th in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

I'm very excited about this.

• Advertisement

Link to the Create-A-Pet demo: http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/scrap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

If anyone has a spare hour or two over the weekend that they'd like to spend in front of their computer, here's the link to the Sims 3 Digital Townhall stream. It's basically a run-through of the game, showing you all the things you can do. If you want to skip a load of the waffle at the start, skip to about 33 mins where they start the actual demo for PCs.

It looks pretty amazing. They really have put a lot of effort into it. I can't wait! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Create-a-Pet is surprisingly very detailed. Good fun!

My little un is dying to play this.
    Used to love it on the psp

For all interested; release date is October 21st. Will have a week to play before BF3 comes out. Really looking forward to this expansion though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just preordered it for the Girlfriend and I might sneak a go on it too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'm sure I'll end up buying it and then not play much of TS3 because I'll pick something else to play instead.

Got it yesterday. Great game. Feels like classic sims. Didn't make a new family and adopted a dog instead. First thing he did was go for the dog bowl, and a wish that cropped up while he was eating was to eat more food! lolz

Good so far. Some interesting new items too, focusing on farmyards and the likes.

I was messing around with a cat. It's really good. The animations are great, particularly the sleep and freak out ones. Haven't tried much in the new town yet (I only got to play around for about an hour or so).

Sadly, I've work to do later and Arkham City is out tomorrow, so I won't get to play much of this for a week or so.

I thought this wasn't out till tomorrow?

It's not but I have a review copy :)

For a second there, I thought Steam was trolling me.

Then again Steam trolls me anyway when it came to Generations, so I'm not expecting prompt release of Pets, if it even releases at all given EA's recent stance on them :/

Limited Edition is €34.99 in Gamestop

€40 on Steam? Taking the piss now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Has anyone played this? Mine was delivered to my home address but I can't pick it up until next week, Im not living there atm.

• Advertisement

Yep. Great expansion. Playing mostly Battlefield 3 but Sims 3 Pets is my filler for now :D

All EA stuff is half off in the Steam sales, including Pets. So if you own TS3 on Steam, you can grab Pets for €20 now. Or hold out in the hope it gets even cheaper on one of the days...

Advertisement