Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Hates-Exam Behavior!

• 03-06-2011 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

Considering that LC is about to start and summer exams are over, what things drive you insane in exams? For example, why would you take your shoes off in an exam? I don't understand it. I ****ing hate feet and when people decide to take their shoes off in an exam I actually want to throw my script at them. WHY WOULD YOU EVEN DO THAT??!:mad:

So tell me, what makes you completely want to shoot people in exams? :P:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Shuffling your papers. Twirling your pens in your hand or playing with your calculators. Finger drumming. Tapping your feet. Incessant coughing or yawning.

Even worse when someone does any of the above in a hall. The sound carries and it's extremely distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭eor123

Teachers talking and laughing with each other! U feel like saying 'SHHHHH' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

When you awkwardly put your hand up for more paper.

The examiner is too busy staring at his tea to notice.

*5 minutes later* *10 hands raised*

*Awkward cough....*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

When other people ask for more paper... understandable, but it's like " wait for me!". I always tell myself "It's OK... they probably had fewer pages in their booklet..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Chewing gum. Arrghhhhhhh. Sounds disgusting and it's so freaking irritating... chew... chew... chew. Awful.

People breathing really loudly. That might sound petty but some people sit in the exam and breathe like they've just run a marathon and I can't stand it. :(

There's a guy in my class who is always shaking his leg up and down during exams and it drives me insane.

I also hate Christmas exams when every second person has a cold and it's just ''sniff sniff sniff'' for hours.

Really, just the presence of other people in the hall annoys me! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Aural,

When the tape is on it's last play through, you know exactly where the answer is & someone coughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

No matter how much I eat the morning of an exam - my stomach still insists on rumbling. Then, when mine isn't rumbling, half the hall's are rumbling and I end up being distracted anyway :rolleyes:

There's nothing worse than knowing it's just about to rumble and trying everything in your power to stop it...
    I really think we should be allowed bring in some kind of fruit to eat or something... Nothing that will cause disruption.

Also, I always seem to get the examiners who love stirring their tea for a good 10 minutes and then enjoy munching away on their biscuits for the same length of time... By the time they get it out of the wrapper, I'm already wishing I was at home in bed with a cuppa myself. I even ended up writing about that in my english mock at one point!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Aural,

When the tape is on it's last play through, you know exactly where the answer is & someone coughs.
    It's ridiculous when that happens. People should show basic cop-on in that regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

We had our mocks in a big classroom so all the Leaving Certs would fit in. The net room to the classroom we were in is the toilets. I heard 2 of the leaving certs roaring laughing and talking in the toilets while a mock was on (thankfully I had finished mine but I was still mad).

One of the girls has a study with me and another girl a few times a week and a week before the mocks gave out to me for talking because she had to study! Needless to say I gave out to her for the toilet incident because

laughing next to an exam hall > talking during a study.

:L Just had to get that off my chest..! :P

Things that annoy me during exams:

People in the corridor (and toilets :P) being really noisy.
    Coughing every 5 minutes.
    Teachers who read the paper and miss any hands up for more paper!
    People who ask the supervisor questions about the exam (ie. ask for answers and stuff)...

I'm easily annoyed.! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

That one fooker (everyone has this one person) who says five minutes before the exam that they know nothing, ten minutes into the exam you glance over and they're on their second fooking booklet! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Aural,

I was told that if that happened in the exam you can ask for it to be played again. I'll definitely try it if someone does make noise during the actual aural. God, its so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

I remember as well, when i was doing the business exam(such a race against time) I ran out of paper and I must have had my hand up for at least 5 minutes. 5 minutes is crucial in that exam.

Oh yea I think that examiners shouldn't be allowed read broadsheets during exams. Not only do they give an advantage for cheaters but also cause the superintendents not to see you if you have a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

People chewing gum, coughing consistently, sniffling, and eating hard sweets whilst knocking the sweet off every, single tooth in their mouth.

And the usual loud breathing, CLICKING THEIR BLOODY PEN and sighing every 45 seconds..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭squishness

OL/HL people turning the pages during the aural when the other group is still waiting for an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

irish_man wrote: »

Oh yea I think that examiners shouldn't be allowed read broadsheets during exams. .

ARE they allowed?
    During the actual Leaving I really don't think they are.. Mocks and the likes are just that..mocks and the likes, I understand supervisors reading a paper (its annoying, but mocks are not the ones that count).

The amount they get paid to supervise for the Leaving, they can afford to sit there and be bored, but by god, they should be attentive!!

I was attendant last year, and the hall I was at, the superintendent was a right pet. He'd basically stand there holding reams of paper, a hand went up and he'd be there in two seconds. Papers already stamped! Efficient, brilliant man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

During my pres, there would be 3 teachers surpervising the exams, but every now and again, while wandering around the hall, they would stop and look at what I was writing, which was really distracting and intimidating too!:mad:

Also, during JC English, I needed to go to the bathroom, so I put up my hand and asked the superintendent. She then proceeded to give me a huge lecture about how I wouldn't get that time back blah blah blah...In the time she spent giving out to me, I would have gone to the bathroom and been back and all. Wasting my time!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Well I just had an awful experience with my Summer Tests yesterday. Seeing as it was the last day and the majority of the people in my year will get about 3% in each exam, a load of them kept coughing really loud and insistently trying to distract everyone else.. Then idiots kept making these stupid popping noises with their mouths, and possibly the worst thing is the people that think they're really "hardy", and ask to go to the toilet every 5 minutes, as they're walking to the toilets they insist on dragging their flat feet like IDIOTS..

:( SO ANNOYING..

My sister actually asked the Supervisor before the exam did she mind if she wore in a pair of earplugs into the exam. She said it worked perfectly, no distractions at all!.. Who cares if you look like a gobshi*e, it's your Leaving and hopefully you'll only have to do it once!

:), best of luck guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

what.to.do wrote: »
    People chewing gum, coughing consistently, sniffling, and eating hard sweets whilst knocking the sweet off every, single tooth in their mouth.

Chewing gum & eating hard sweets...??? We were told you're not allowed anything like that in the exam...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Chewing gum & eating hard sweets...??? We were told you're not allowed anything like that in the exam...
    Yep you can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

My sister actually asked the Supervisor before the exam did she mind if she wore in a pair of earplugs into the exam. She said it worked perfectly, no distractions at all!.. Who cares if you look like a gobshi*e, it's your Leaving and hopefully you'll only have to do it once!

:), best of luck guys!

I'm stealing this idea! I get distracted by noise so easily, people coughing or sniffling or clicking pens(argh!!) completely derails my train of thought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Ye are yeah. Just make sure ye unwrap them before hand, otherwise you'll spend 2 hours trying to take the foil off the dairy milk etc without making a sound :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

What annoyed me in the junior cert was the superintendent getting coffee and the smell wafting through the room!!!
    I don't see why they should get tea or coffee ( I know it's polite and all) but hello we are doing the exam!!
    I just hope I have a superintendent who is a tea drinker!

Oh and teachers talking in front of you annoys me sooooo much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nicenri

I hate when people near to me start actually slurping out of sports top bottles and making disgusting noises. Honestly, during the mocks the girl behind me was doing it, she wasn't even thirsty it was out of boredom 'cause she had nothing to write - half an hour into english paper 2.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I hate it when I dont have a clue about the stuff on the paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

making constant eye contact with the supervisor lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

irish_man wrote: »
    I was told that if that happened in the exam you can ask for it to be played again. I'll definitely try it if someone does make noise during the actual aural. God, its so annoying!

Aw nice one!!!!
    I'm gonna cough really loud at the last word in the tape and get him to repeat the whole thing.
    hahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

MikeHough wrote: »
    Aw nice one!!!!
    I'm gonna cough really loud at the last word in the tape and get him to repeat the whole thing.
    hahahahaha

As far as I know the only time the examiner can stop the tape is if it is interrupted by a plane flying over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Incidentally, does anyone know if there's any specific room requirements for the aural exams? I'm going to be in a hall for my exams and I really don't fancy having to try and do an aural in a massive room with high ceilings and hard floors, the echo would make it impossible to discern even a single word.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭conorburke2011

I don't know if this has ever happened to anyone but I hate it when the person beside you is doing nothing but sitting there. In my 3rd year Summer Exams, this guy sitting next to me came in late, wrote his name on the paper and then just folded his arms for 2 hours. SO ANNOYING!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 unpeumad

people Constantly taking toilet breaks distrupting the whole place ,
    CLICKING PENS !!

COUGHING !

aaaaaaaaaaand shaky legs

Advertisement