Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road rage

Options
  • 03-06-2011 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone see the front of the Kildare post this week?

"The road rage type incident occurred between 1.20 and 1.30am on Saturday when the unnamed woman was driving on the old Kildare road towards Newbridge. she overtook a dark coloured car on the road but after doing so,was closely followed by the vehicle. At ballymany, just after the Kilcullen roundabout her grey bmw was nudged in the back by the other driver.

She pulled in, at which point the man walked up to her car and punched the the side window with his fist. He then produced what is believed to have been a sledgehammer and smashed it open. The terrified victim peeled away and went straight to Newbridge Garda station to report the crime.

Gardai are asking anyone who may have been in the area at the time to come forward."

Bloody shocking stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Is it me or is there an awful lot of crap happening around kildare in the last year or so? House and car burgalries are rampant, boy racers problems on the roads, numerous muggins with knifes, post office raids and tiger kidnappings, and now complete maniacs randomly attacking people?

Seriously giving thought to moving out of the county altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Is it me or is there an awful lot of crap happening around kildare in the last year or so? House and car burgalries are rampant, boy racers problems on the roads, numerous muggins with knifes, post office raids and tiger kidnappings, and now complete maniacs randomly attacking people?

Seriously giving thought to moving out of the county altogether.

Nothing new about all that,and my tickets are booked ;).

Isn't that old Kildare road continuous white line all the way out too?

Very silly pulling in on her own,very dangerous :confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I know its continuous from the chilling to newbridge. For some reason as i read it and typed it i was thinking of the road from kildare to newbridge via the racecourse.

But even still if it was on a continuous white line its a bit(lot) psycho to do what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    I know its continuous from the chilling to newbridge. For some reason as i read it and typed it i was thinking of the road from kildare to newbridge via the racecourse.

But even still if it was on a continuous white line its a bit(lot) psycho to do what he did.

It is crazy but i am not at all shocked at hearing about it.

Lots of people out there full of tension and the roads seems to be the way they like to relieve it.

I hope the Guards track the nutjob down,what a looney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

At that hour of the night though. I often get p!ssed off myself but late at night i'm just mellow and looking to get home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement