Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

limescale from underground carpark on paintwork

Options
  • 03-06-2011 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

I left my car in an underground car park and limescale dripped from the ceiling and has left seemingly a permanent mark(s) whats the most effective and cheapest way I could fix this myself does anyone know please....and how much would it cost to be removed in a garage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FrankWalter

This happened my car in an underground car park, cost 1200 to respray the front of the car. Luckily the management company of the car park covered the cost. Have you contacted the management company ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

galtech wrote: »
    Hi,

I left my car in an underground car park and limescale dripped from the ceiling and has left seemingly a permanent mark(s) whats the most effective and cheapest way I could fix this myself does anyone know please....and how much would it cost to be removed in a garage?

Happens in the underground car park of my estate all the time. PITA.

Unfortunately you'll need to have the entire panel stripped / resprayed.

Take pictures, and show someone from the management company and write them a letter before you do anything so you have clear undisputable evidence of the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 galtech

thanks for the info i was on to the property company today,it is the carpark for apartment where i live and it had been advertised with parking so im holding them liable which they are anyway the carpark is a disgrace,rubbish etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

Vinegar will do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 17 galtech

thanks guys got it out suprisingly with jiff then car polish

• Advertisement
Advertisement