Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Message retrieval stopped. EIRCOM

Options
  • 03-06-2011 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

For no apparent reason I am now getting this message below when trying to get emails from my eircom account. I have cleared out the trash etc etc and don't even have any saved messages. Anybody any ideas how to get my mail back. Thanks.

"Message retrieval stopped. I cannot get any more new messages because your mail quota has been reached. You have 5922kb of mail but your quota is currently set at 5120kb. Please move some messages to Trash and then Empty Trash before trying to Check Mail again."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Strum wrote: »
    For no apparent reason I am now getting this message below when trying to get emails from my eircom account. I have cleared out the trash etc etc and don't even have any saved messages. Anybody any ideas how to get my mail back. Thanks.

"Message retrieval stopped. I cannot get any more new messages because your mail quota has been reached. You have 5922kb of mail but your quota is currently set at 5120kb. Please move some messages to Trash and then Empty Trash before trying to Check Mail again."

Hi Strum,

Thanks for your query.

If you PM your eircom Email Account, I will take a look at this.

Suggestion you might want to try : Log on to www.mail2web.com

Select any or 'All' your messages (delete or save these on your computer, then delete any messages).

Now try to access your eircom webmail again and see if you can retrieve any new webmail, or send yourself a test message.

All the best,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Strum

Thanks for that Ant. I got the mail ok but the message is still there in the account?
    I'll pm you the account now. Thanks a lot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Strum

Solved. Thanks for taking the time out to sort it Ant. Cheers. :)

Advertisement