Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking club/underground restaurant in Galway.

Options
  • 03-06-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks.

I was thinking of starting a cooking club group in Galway city. As in each person in the group takes it upon themselves to cook dinner on an evening for the rest of the group, and all take turns, meeting, say, once an month or every two months.
    It should be a bit of fun and a great way for food & wine lovers to meet and have the craic.

Would there be anyone interested so we can get started.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭squonk

I'd love that but I've just recently moved to Galway so I'm living in an appartment with a crap cooker. It's one of the things I miss about my house in Dublin when I had lots of space and a good cooker. Also the appartment is small so I wouldn't really be able to do much entertaining.

What would be good would be a resturaunt group though. Try out different places each month or whatever.

If I had a bigger place I'd be jumping at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hmurray3

Count me in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

This is a great idea!

Interesting - interesting. Might be a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Come dine with me..esque.. I 'm in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

Who's going to play Dave Lamb and narrate the evenings?!

Maybe could ask his son George if he is available... if only!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Ah no, nothing to do with come dine with me, please, I really hate that programme.

I'd like to keep this thread going however so if we could get a few more names involved to get the numbers up, id think around 7 to 10 would be a nice amount, thanks!!

GastroBoy wrote: »
    Ah no, nothing to do with come dine with me, please, I really hate that programme.

I'd like to keep this thread going however so if we could get a few more names involved to get the numbers up, id think around 7 to 10 would be a nice amount, thanks!!

OK so do you mean cook dinner for 7 - 10 people!?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Yeah, 7 to 10 for dinner on any one evening, anymore then that amount just wouldn't be fair on the host.
    I have state that I'm talking about a fairly informal meal, possibly no need to take a seat at a table, just casual plate and a few drinks and some decent chat is what I have mind.

• Advertisement

Not sure if would be able to cook for that many tbh.

Garanteed someone will arrive in a gimp mask .. haha.

Seriously though cool idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement