Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Benefits forum

Options
  • 03-06-2011 4:36pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

I've never understood why its against the rules to be critical of the government departments.

Why is the rule in place? Are we not allowed complain anymore. If there was one forum that you would to complain in its that and we're not allowed.

Also the moderators seem to heavy handed in dealing with this rule. I commented on how some people take upto 45 minutes with their claims when there are big queues and was told I am criticizing the government....:confused:

And the thread was locked: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056287753

How am criticising the government there?

It's just this North Korea style moderation telling people what they can and cannot talk about.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

No one said you were criticising the government in that thread.

Did you PM the mod who closed it?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

El Weirdo wrote: »
    No one said you were criticising the government in that thread.

Did you PM the mod who closed it?
    The moderator locked it because of charter breach 5, criticizing the government he said.

Despite the fact I did not...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

DB10 wrote: »
    The moderator locked it because of charter breach 5, criticizing the government he said.

Despite the fact I did not...:confused:
    Read it again:
    I'm going to close this as we are already in breach of the forum charter, 5. This is not a forum for critiscizing Government Departments or Semi-State Bodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Is there a forum for critiscizing Government Departments or Semi-State Bodies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Yes, this one.

Anyway, the forum isn't for bitching it's for people to get information. Want to bitch? There are other forums for it.
    If such threads were allowed then the whole forum would be nothing but those threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

2 reasons spring to mind.

Bitch'in and whingin - there is an internet full of empty blogs, one can always choose one and use it to do said bitchin. However the SBF is a forum as i understand for people to exchange rather important information, they dont want thread fulls of rants - they want information.

The second reason would be, perhaps like alot of boards forums, the experts in that field post there giving their information, i know my sister posted in the revenue related forums - she is happy to give advise im sure, probably less happy to listen in her free time people bitch about her job etc etc and would be less inclined to return advising people if it were a continuous thing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

no one is saying you cant criticise the government or any of the state bodies. If you have a good complaint and want to make it without over embellishment than there are forums that you can do that on. However, as Snyper just said, it would be unfair for us to take advantage of the free advice and details given by people and then subject them to abuse.

Advertisement