Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a cupcake stand

Options
  • 03-06-2011 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi all,

First time I've posted in this forum so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong one :D. I'm looking for a cupcake stand and I don't really know where to start. I'd like a wire one preferably (rather than the cake stand type)... anyone know where I might find one in or around Dublin? :)

Here's the general idea
    AAAAAii0BncAAAAAAVCfUQ.jpg?v=1222194064000
    I can find them online all right, but would rather not buy online cool.gif. Any suggestions appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

I've seen them in:

Avoca
    Urban Outfitters
    Kitchen Complements
    Stock

All in Dublin 2

I think I saw one in Arnott's a couple of weeks ago as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I have one of them for holding 23 cupcakes, you can have it if you want, don't live in Dublin though, about 1.5hrs away but might be able to get it up to Dublin, PM if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

I have seen them lately in heatons and also €2 shop (thinks its called euro city)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

€2 shops have them in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

Thank you! I shall look in all of these places :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Seen them in the 2 euro as well, if you get one let us know what they're like.
    Have the Heatons one and used it today, it was grand holds smaller ones fine haven't tried larger buns in it though. It's solid enough and holds up to 27 you can vary the amount of tears.
    They do the job but for something metal Homevalue Hardwares baking section is pretty good, prob. depends on which HH but the one near us had the metal and paper ones.

Hi all,

I finally got into Dublin today, and had a look in a few of the suggested places getting prices.

Arnotts had a few 23/24 holders for between 27 and 31 euro
    Clerys had two 23 holders for 31 euros (or thereabouts), and one 13 holder for 20 euro

I eventually bought the one in the Euro 2 shop on Moore street (off Henry street which is off O'Connell Street, which is the one with the Spire on it, for people who don't know Dublin very well).

It comes flatpacked but it's easy to assemble. The shorter screw on the long stick goes in the bottom cupcake holder, then you drop one of the hollow tubes on, then the second stand, then the second hollow tube, then screw on the top cupcake holder et voila biggrin.gif.

Pics in next post!

Image040-1.jpg
    Box and the stand itself
    Image042-1.jpg
    View from above

Will post pics of cupcakes when I make them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've just realised right now that I never replied to your PM, sorry :( I read it when I was busy and totally forgot about, but I don't live very close to you anyway so probably would have cost you as much to collect it/get it posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

That's a nice one looks nice from above especially.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MsCupcake

Home Store More have them. 12's and 23's cupcake holders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Arnotts have them, holds 18 cupcakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

CnaG wrote: »
    Image040-1.jpg
    Box and the stand itself
    Image042-1.jpg
    View from above

Will post pics of cupcakes when I make them!

What size cupcakes did you fit into this stand? Anyone have any nice recipes for cupcakes??

Advertisement