Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have enough power for this pump?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

robbie7730 wrote: »
    You could be right, i must check that. Tells full load amps i think as well, on large motors anyway. But i usually viewed a 2kw motor as 2kw electrical input power. Multiply that by efficiency for output. If the 2kw is output power, then 2kw/efficiency would give input.
    But anyway....

That pump in question here has a float switch built into it, so you can just switch it on and off directly probalby. Need RCD on it also, most important for water stuff.

2kw on motor nameplate is output kw-you divide by efficiency for input kw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

M cebee wrote: »
    2kw on motor nameplate is output kw-you divide by efficiency for input kw

Yes like i say here
    If the 2kw is output power, then 2kw/efficiency would give input

Thats simple enough, i usually assumed the rating was the electrical in, but anyway, on with my apprenticeship i go:).

Full load amps is the way to size cables etc anyway.

Just shows though, 665 watts, a guess at efficiency roughly 50% for single phase motor so about 1300watts.

1300/0.7pf (maybe worse) = 1.9kva.

Still well within the generator anyway. With a bit to spare to assist starting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

yes i didn't notice i was repeating it

I was just making sure you realised i was not a complete fool this day, on other days i am though:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

Received the pump on Monday. Works great on the geni and from the mains. Thanks for all your help.

Advertisement