Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Undisputed 3

• 03-06-2011 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭

UFC Undisputed 3 was recently announced and it will be released early 2012. It should have a good show at E3 so more info will be released soon.

So far, it sounds like THQ are making big improvements over Undisputed 2009. Now that Zuffa own Strikeforce, EA are kind of screwed and I feel bad for them as they put a lot of work into EA MMA which I thought was way better than UFC 2010. Anyway, UFC 3 have stolen borrowed EA's excellent Submission system and announced a Pride mode with soccer kicks and head stomps. Pride mode will have old school variations of fighters like Rampage and Wandy, plus Bas Rutten will be commentator for the Pride fights.

There is a simplified version of grappling for newbies, a hardcore version with realistic stamina draining for veterans and a fairs fair setting that takes 2 fighters skills and makes them all the exact same. This is for 2 people to play head to head and find out who is the best fighter. You can also take out ramdon events like flash KO's.

So far its sounding excellent. Glad to see they were taking their surveys serious and listened to the feedback from gamers on facebook and through their official site. Just have to wait and see if they fixed the disaster that was Career mode.

ufcundisputed3header.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

UFC 2009 was pretty good, showed so much promise then 2010 came out and it was pretty bad.
    Think i'll rent this one out first before i buy

I still play EA MMA alot , i just picked it up for the Xbox also for 12 99 new !! I am a little gutted that this is probably the end of it. UFC undisputed i have only ever got to the 3rd round twice. I have never seen points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, was great in EA MMA slugging it through 5 rounds to win on points, would never happen in Undisputed. Must play through EA MMA again, havn't played it in a while. Great to hear Bas will be in this, he stole the show in EA's career mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcqOtvIsKIA&feature=player_embedded

First trailor, my main problem with the last one was the career mode. Ridiculous that after about 5 years you'd have a **** moveset and a terrible rating. The training excercises were good at the begining but pain in the balls to do after a while.

Ya, the career mode killed the last game. I became champ with 2 moves and no subs, too much of a chore to learn any more. I think with the new sub system it will have gameplay more or less nailed down so the career mode (and a working online mode) will be the decider on this.

Trailer doesn't show off much as expected for a debut but should see some proper gameplay vids floating around at E3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

sheehy83 wrote: »
    announced a Pride mode with soccer kicks and head stomps. Pride mode will have old school variations of fighters like Rampage and Wandy, plus Bas Rutten will be commentator for the Pride fights.

YES!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

I don't think the games can ever come close to the experience of watching a MMA match. There's just too little moves and it just doesn't feel realistic to me. The ground game in Undisputed 2010 was absolutely horrific in my opinion.

True that MMA is one sport that is very hard to emulate in a game but EA MMA did a great job with the ground game and THQ have an excellent standup game so hopefully UFC 3 will have a nice combo. Also, EA MMA has a great training system for learning new moves, miles better than the Unidsputed series.

Saw it yesterday in Gamestop for 13 euro new like Dre said above. Absolute steal at that price and highly recommend it to any MMA gaming fans.

I found THQ's Stand up a little too easy. They need to tone it down alot , make it hard to get a good shot in. While its great having a super knock out , i also love a 3 round war.

If they can somehow find the balance between both. I wouldnt count EA MMA out though with releasing another game. Using game face you can have pretty much any fighter you want. Or even go down the road of Fight night and create all new fictional fighters.

Some guy who was at the E3 demo answered questions about it on the Undisputed forums

http://community.ufcundisputed.com/forums/topic/484529?p=ps&p=ps
    1. 1. Footwork seemed the same as UFC 2010 although the build was pre-alpha phase. Transitions and hit detections fine tuned to make it much smoother. Only true fans will notice a difference.
    2. 2. Sub system at first presentation I thought was TOO easy. As the video went on it made sense on the octagon sub system. Its literally a cat and mouse game but with guidelines. You get like 5-10 seconds of sub time (or until stamina is drained) to catch up with the other circle. Think of it like two parallel lines with a circle in the middle. Each side has a set of parallel lines that are either short or long depending on certain conditions once you apply the submission. For example, your two lines are much longer (means easier for you to get subbed or sub) if you are gassed (defending) or if you rocked the opponent and go for a sub (attacking). Think of two kit kat bars that are lined up with opposite ends of an octagon. Try and overlap the other bar within a certain time to pull off a successful submission. The bar doesn’t have to be flush so it means that ¼ of your bar can overlap the opponents bar and the sub will be successful. Decent way of implementing it I say.
    3. There were some instances where the video showed clinch work, like above, the feel looks like UFC 2010…although they greatly improved the dirty boxing clinch. Looks smoother and more brutal. They showed Mark Coleman v. Heath Herring in a PRIDE ring doing the Takayama v Frye mash potato contest. The cage seems to be implemented slightly more including using the cage to push off so you can pull off an armbar near the cage.
    4. YES YES AND MOTHER ****ING YES. I was clapping and cheering when I saw that addition. In both Pride and UFC, after you KO the person, you can land a post KO Hendo v. Bisping bomb plus an additional couple more punches. This includes the face stomping and soccer kicks. TKO’s look and seem much better both in presentation and in gameplay. When you get rocked from bottom and the top person starts to stack you (grey mode), the player rocked can still bob and weave while on bottom to get out of the punches. If the punches lands clean, you can start to see the opponents eyes start to roll back and the face starts to become emotionless. It’s getting damn real.
    5. Elbows were thrown quite a bit but not as fast as UFC 2010. The ground elbow animation looked brutal. They literally threw their hips into the elbow, sent the head flying to the canvas and doing damage.
    6. Saw lots of new takedowns such as Jones v. Hamill TD when it dislocated Hamills shoulder. Didn’t see what needed to be done to defend nor how easy it will be. Let’s just hope it’s not the early build of the Machida TD in UFC 2010.
    7. Rocked states varied depending on what rocked state you are in. If you’re back mounted and the opponent is raining punches down you can get “rocked’ in where the screen will go grey but will also send out ripples indicating you got hit pretty damn hard. Get kicked in the ear and that’s how it will sound and look like in the game.
    I hope this helps ease the wait a bit. Unfortunately it was only a 10 min presentation. No goodies/swag afterwards. Cute girls (not hot) for booth babes, UFC personal Trainer was better when girls were doing it smile.png I was disappointed with UFC 2010..but after seeing this...PREORDERED

• Advertisement

if anyone is up and interested, EA MMA has a live tournament that will be streaming from the EA site or ingame in 20 minutes. EA vs Middle Easy and they are replicating the ongoing HW grandprix. Never watched one of these before, should be intersting.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Any link?

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Any link?

here ya go, gonna watch it on my ps3 to get the trophy :D

http://www.easports.com/mma/broadcast/event/id/117/title/middleeasy-com-hw-grand-prix-2-1/platform/360

ah bollox, just saw its on the xbox! good thing you asked for the link or i woulda been on the ps3 like a dope!

Well that EA MMA live stream was shiit!

Anyway, new video for gameplay Q&A part 2 with the devs. They were answering questions from Facebook and said a career q&a vid will be up soon, they did say that Stat Decay is removed from career mode, hallelujah!!
    Finish the Fight feature sounds good as well.

150 fighters in the roster !! WOW

If anybody is interested , the "electric exchange" (spelling) shop just off Henry street have 2010 for €11 and €7 for 2009.

And EA MMA is 5.99 euro in Argos on both xbox and ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

That's a bit of a steal, Going to head up and get that today never fully finished career when i rented it.

Just ordered the last one in Dundalk so will pick it up later.

And EA MMA is 5.99 euro in Argos on both xbox and ps3

I still like this game the best. Although had a weekend with a couple of other boardsies and we played UFC 2009 and it was a great 2 player game.

If anyone is up for a few fights online in EA MMA for ps3, let me know. I like the online but can get frustrating when you get guys who use all the cheap moves to win, spamming ground shots, etc. I fought a guy the other night and was some laugh, great slog standing, few sub attempts and no cheap shots. Pity can't get more of the same.

Q&A 4 is up, still just core gameplay and not much at that. Just announced today that it will be playable at some event in Vegas on July 29th so we should be getting some honest feedback from real people on how it plays so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Is this going to be an X-Box exclusive?

Richy06 wrote: »
    Is this going to be an X-Box exclusive?

Nope, PS3 as well thank fook!

Q&A 5 just released. Updated E3 vids showing gameplay will be released in the next week or 2 and roster reveal in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

I don't think the games can ever come close to the experience of watching a MMA match. There's just too little moves and it just doesn't feel realistic to me. The ground game in Undisputed 2010 was absolutely horrific in my opinion.

The worst ever. Think I prevented one submission, on easy mode. The rotating the stick business is bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

IanMc666 wrote: »
    The worst ever. Think I prevented one submission, on easy mode. The rotating the stick business is bollocks.

Yes i agree, i was playing over the weekend with a friend. We just stick to the stand up. I stick to EA MMA for the ground game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

IanMc666 wrote: »

In all the time I played Undisputed 2010 I never defended a submision. As soon as one got locked up I knew that was that so I just gave up. And I never pulled off a sub either. Absolutely brutal!

I've never played EA mma but I might have to give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

The current UFC game is all about conserving your stamina first, then secondly using the correct rotation of the stick's to get yourself out. Me and my flatmate along with a few mates used to spend hours playing it, the grappling game is very rewarding when you get the hang of it and you are fighting someone decent. Using the right subs and transitions are one of the finer points of the game. Our fights never necessarily finished in the first round, we always had a bit of a mix to our fights, alot more like the real thing. If you go in and just expect to stand and bang, you can't really enjoy the game from an MMA standpoint any more than a regular beat'em up.

New Q&A out but not interesting enough to post. What is interesting tho is leaked gameplay showing Rampage vs Jones

http://www.megavideo.com/previewplayer/?v=ATV7URM7&width=640&height=344&image=http://img20.megavideo.com/013bb29ea0d10730e371b3a1ebea1277.jpg

Leaked gameplay from the EVO event showing Faber and Cruz go at and you get to see the new Sub system. Check it out before its shut down

Official vid showing gameplay from the EVO event and players thoughts so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Comment on the video from THQ says Direct Feed Gameplay being released from next week. Yays!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

It looks like the punching is too easy though. I think its one of their best features and worst features at the same time. The ground system does look better though I am happy about that .

So much win in this vid. The heel hook looks class!

Full fight released showing the ground game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Still don't understand the sub. The guy attacking has a depleting time ? and he has to get it inside the other guys blue area before it runs out ?

Ya, neither do I haha. I think it's the same as EA MMA's sub system which is a good thing but EA's looks better so far. I think they call it cat and mouse where the attacker is tryng to keep his bar away from the defender. Gonna be miles better than that shine bollox that nearly had me breaking the analog stick off my joypad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ya, neither do I haha. I think it's the same as EA MMA's sub system which is a good thing but EA's looks better so far. I think they call it cat and mouse where the attacker is tryng to keep his bar away from the defender. Gonna be miles better than that shine bollox that nearly had me breaking the analog stick off my joypad!

And giving me multiple blisters in the process :o

Ah Jaysus sake! You get a DLC fighter pack when you preorder off gamestop. I hate gamestop but feel like I have to preorder with them now just to play as Mayhem!

They are The Contenders - Nick Diaz, Phil Davis, Jason "Mayhem" Miller, and Brian Stann. Pre-Order UFC Undisputed 3 at Gamestop for this exclusive bonus fighters pack. Watch the trailer, LIKE this, then hit this link: http://bit.ly/UFC3-ContendersPack

The roster was revealed in the last few weeks and nothing new but the Pride roster was just revealed and looks excellent!

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/7178813/pride?readmore=fullstory

vg_pride_5_576.jpg

THQ are giving Facebook fans a free Overeem DLC code.

Enter your details on the link below and they will email you the code around launch.

http://www.facebook.com/UFCUndisputed?sk=app_161379357295384&

Unidsputed 3 predicts Overeem wins by KO in 1st round.

Unidsputed 3 predicts Overeem wins by KO in 1st round.

Thanks for the overeem link.
    Awesome sim, dunno if it's accurate. It got Jones/Machida correct apart from the method :P That was pretty even though. 12-13 Overeem.

Finally, some info on Career Mode! Sounds like they are heading in the right direct, kinda like EA MMA. Joining real camps and then having the actual fighters and trainers becoming your entorage heading to the octagon sounds class.

http://www.gamespot.com/ufc-undisputed-3/previews/ufc-undisputed-3-u-being-the-next-great-fighter-6348667/

Vid of the training mode in career:

http://www.gamespot.com/ufc-undisputed-3/videos/ufc-undisputed-3-training-session-gameplay-video-6348644/

Also, a vid from middleeasy unveiling career mode:

EDIT: Also, 4 vids on this thread explaining different details of the game incl. career and pride. Being invited to a pride GP during your career sounds class!

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/go/thread/view/136085/28852315/First_Detailed_Look_@_UFC_3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looks like they have taken a few ideas from the EA MMA game such as the submission system and the career mode and incorporated it into the new UFC game. Nothing wrong with that as those two aspects were done better in EA MMA than in UFC Undisputed 2.

Still don't like the big ugly graphic on screen during submission attempts. Hopefully there is an option to switch it on or off. In EA MMA it was done more subtly by the control pad vibrating and the camera zooming in or out the closer you got to a submission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Any sign of a Demo being released?

dave1982 wrote: »
    Any sign of a Demo being released?

Demo is out Tuesday 24th Jan. Ya, those sub graphics look really out of place. Doesn't look like much is going on between the 2 fighters in the sub. I used to love pulling off subs in ea mma, felt very natural. At least Undisputed seems to be moving in the right direction anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Alpha demo is out today for testing

Apparently you need your IP saying you're in North America to download

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/alpha?platform=ps3

Edit: Got it working, just use Identity Cloaker (or some proxy) to say your in the US, then create an account online at playstation.com with a North American address.

Then create a new User profile on your PS3, enter in your new playstation ID and password, then goto http://www.ufcundisputed.com/alpha and get your Redeem code, enter it into the playstation store

and then SLOWLY (its gonna take 128mins for me apparently) download the alpha demo!

• Advertisement
Advertisement