Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Undisputed 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Did you play it yet Severe? Any thoughts on it? Too much hassle for me, just gonna wait for the demo Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

spent an hour or so with the alpha demo last night.

First off, you can't pick any UFC fighters. You have to create a fighter, which took quite a bit.

No Pride mode (boooo)

Took a while to get matched to a game

Slight lag when playing, but nothing too severe.

As for the game itself, it's a big improvement on the last one. Flying forearm smashes to a grounded opponent ftw! wrestling is hugely improved, take downs improved, and if you defend a takedown, you can knee your opponent in the head when you separate.

Striking is pretty much the same. Didn't really get to grips with the sub system (i only tried a couple).

Can't wait to get my hands on the real thing.

Sound is minimal enough too, no commentary or music or anything. Before the fights Bruce Buffer is doing his thing, but he's not saying anything and his lips aren't moving, but he's still there in all his mocapped glory. It was eerie!

Had about 6 or 7 fights, won all of them, only 2 went into the second round, none to the third.

Just wish you could play it offline against the AI!

Class! Demo is out tonight so wil just have to wait til then. Great vid about the audio. Gonna be playing a lot of Pride just for Bas

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Class! Demo is out tonight so wil just have to wait til then. Great vid about the audio. Gonna be playing a lot of Pride just for Bas

is the demo out tonight the alpha server test demo, or an actual offline demo?

The actual offline demo out tonight. You can play either bones vs silva in UFC or Rampage vs Wandy in Pride. It's gonna get some serious play time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

demo downloaded review to follow :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

empacher wrote: »
    demo downloaded, see yas in a few days :D:D:D:D:D:D

FYP :P

Ah balls not on psn yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

bones doesn't really look like bones in the demo :(

• Advertisement

can't find the demo on either irish or US PSN..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Roar wrote: »
    can't find the demo on either irish or US PSN..

lads in the games section reckon the ps version will be available tomorrow

Yup, gotta wait til after work now! Heres a vid of demo gameplay showing a leg kick TKO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Thought you were able follow up? when you got a knock out

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

for anyone interested demos now up on the psn

50% come on!!

• Advertisement

wow much prefer the new sub system, can finally end a fight once you take your opponents back

YAAAAA that finish the fight is class. KO' wandy. he was clearly out before he hit the ground but i still jumped on him throwing a few savage punches. wish the refs would react more tho.

Huge difference fighting as bones and silva, some class moves altogether and viscious finishes. The sub graphic is horrible but the system is 100 times better than the shine. Need to learn more moves on it.

just leg kicked rampage to death, so satisfying seeing him crumble holding his knee :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

No sandstorm. Cheap bastards :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

No sandstorm. Cheap bastards :pac:
    AHHH NO!! Anyone else finding it way way 2 easy??

What difficulty you playing on? Beginner is default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Thats class! Would have been better if Rampage was KO'd as well though.

THQ posted some tips on how to use the new features
    A lot of you are getting the game in your hands for the first time today, so I wanted to give you some tips on how to utilize the changes we've made to the combat in the game so you don't end up getting soccer kicked all day in Pride Mode smiley-wink.gif

Standing

Quick Strikes - The biggest thing you have to get used to with striking is using your quick strikes (unmodified strikes) to set up your combos. Quick strikes interrupt strong strikes and technique strikes, so this can be very useful when your opponent is throwing a bunch of powerful hooks. If you use the quick strikes to interrupt their combos, this will give you an opportunity to hit them with a combo of your own, and since you used quick strikes to set it up, your combo will be faster and will do more damage. This is key to dominating on the feet in this iteration of the game.

Leg Kick TKOs and Checking Kicks - Another big change this year is the addition of Leg Kick TKOs. For those that don't know, holding the left trigger or L2 button will modify your kicks so you throw leg kicks. If you can work your opponent's legs enough, you will be able to drop them with leg kicks, which adds a whole new level of danger to the stand up game. Like everything in the game this time around, there is a counter for this, and it's the Leg Kick Check. By flicking down on the right thumbstick you can check your opponent's leg kicks if timed correctly. This will do damage to their leg, and actually has a very very rare chance of breaking their leg (ala Corey Hill). Mix up your strikes on the feet and you could have great success by adding this to your repertoire.

On the Ground

New Submission System - We've done away with shining for subs and have implemented a new mini-game style Submission System. Subs are still initiated by clicking in the right stick, but after that it's all new. The attacker will be on the inside and outside edges of our submission graphic, and the defender will be in the middle. What the attacker must do is cover up the defender's bar with their own until it fills up the meter at the bottom of the sub graphic. If they can do this before their submission bar depletes all the way they'll lock it up, but if they don't fill the meter up then the defender will escape and improve position.

Tranisition and Submission Blocking - We've done away with passive transition blocking, so you're going to need to stay really active on the ground if you don't want to get mounted right when you get thrown to the ground. Stick hugging won't work either. If you hold the stick without throwing strikes or transition attmepts, you will get transitioned on after a few attempts. The ground game this year is all about staying active and keeping your opponent guessing. With that we've also added in the ability to block submission attempts. This means you don't have to worry about getting spammed with sub attempts, as long as you stay active on the ground and mix in transitions with your blocks. It will take some getting used to, but it's much more balanced because of these changes

Amateur Controls - For those that have had problems on the ground in the past, we've added an Amateur Grappling control scheme. With this turned on, all it takes to transition is a simple flick up or down on the right stick (up for minor transitions and down for majors). This makes it much easier to navigate on the ground for those that have had problems in the past and just want to get back to their feet. The one caveat of using this control scheme is that you will be at a disadvantage when playing against an opponent using the pro controls. Pros can fake transitions to prevent reversals and they'll have a much easier time reversing those with amateur settings.

Pride Rules

No Elbows on the Ground - In Pride elbows on the ground were illegal, so this element of ground striking is not available in Pride. This means you'll see less cuts on the ground, which will result in less hits to your stamina.

Stomps and Knees and Soccer Kicks, oh my! - In my opinion, this is the coolest addition to the game this year. One big difference between Japanese MMA and MMA in the US is the inclusion of knees to the head on the ground, stomps to the face, and the almighty soccer kick. If you play in Pride Mode you have to try these out. Knees to the head can happen from Sprawl, Side Control, and North South which makes those positions a lot more dangerous to chill in if you're on the bottom. To land stomps, simply stand over your opponent in guard and hit the kick button. You can also follow up with stomps to the head if you drop your opponent with standing strikes. If you're looking for a brutal finish, then you want to set up the soccer kick. The easiest way for me to do this is to move into the sprawl top position and then rock your opponent with knees. This will allow you to tee off with a soccer kick that will likely put them right to sleep. The other way to land this move is to step back as your opponent shoots for a takedown, and then throw the kick as they get near the ground (if they miss the takedown). This is extremely satisfying and can help you get a quick finish if you can follow up with some solid ground and pound.

I hope these tips help and I look forward to hearing what you guys think!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Can't say I'm liking it so far,striking seems slow or something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Can't say I'm liking it so far,striking seems slow or something

I thought the same until i figured out how to get them to throw quick jabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

I thought the same until i figured out how to get them to throw quick jabs.

Could you please share? :D

Media blowout on gametrailers with a few new vids. Gameplay tweaks is good, shows how the sub system works. Career mode shows some of the training games. The tire lifting one looks a bit strange.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/ufc-undisputed-3/14959

Can't get used to the ground game, think ea mma spoiled me. I'm finding it hard to move to full mount, probably a good thing as it was too easy in last thq games. Looking forward to career mode and and picking the moves I want.

SevereMMA wrote: »
    Could you please share? :D

In order to get them to jab, just push the L stick up or down when punching...pushing towards them uses hooks and away tends to throw things like uppercuts etc.

• Advertisement

Ya the jab is great at cancelling strong attacks. I just take my finger off the left analog stick throwing strikes tho to make sure they are jabs. Once a few connect, then hold the stick in a direction while punching or pressing L1 to finish up the combo nicely. Got a class flying knee finish against rampage a while ago.

I really really wish they would fix the touching gloves. On the official forums, people were complaining about it and TQG responded saying that in real life fighters can sometimes miss touching gloves as well. He got a deserved barage of 'F*** Off' comments haha

I really really wish they would fix the touching gloves. On the official forums, people were complaining about it and TQG responded saying that in real life fighters can sometimes miss touching gloves as well. He got a deserved barage of 'F*** Off' comments haha

Yup - this. It can't be too hard to implement - if both players put their hand up to touch gloves it should be an automatic animation for both fighters

The game predicts Diaz will take Condit by sub.

DLC is being announced today. I love when devs tell you they held something out of the main game just to charge you for it and actually brag about it before the game is even released :rolleyes:

DLC is being announced today. I love when devs tell you they held something out of the main game just to charge you for it and actually brag about it before the game is even released :rolleyes:

I don't mind if it's actually being downloaded but if it's already on the disc then thats bull**** imo. You have to pay to unlock half the ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

http://mmapundit.co.uk/2012/02/02/thq-announces-details-of-extensive-downloadable-content-purchase-program-for-ufc-undisputed-3/

10 More fighters on the way for a price. Includes Rory McDonald, Joe Lauzon and Korean Zombie

Lot of Crap DLC there. I don't get buying the fight packs like rivals where you can already just fight with those characters anyway. Don't think i'd buy of that tbh.

Xlami wrote: »
    http://mmapundit.co.uk/2012/02/02/thq-announces-details-of-extensive-downloadable-content-purchase-program-for-ufc-undisputed-3/

10 More fighters on the way for a price. Includes Rory McDonald, Joe Lauzon and Korean Zombie

Ah here, Rory Macdonald? he's been in the UFC since jan of last year....and Lauzon was in the last game for free????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Lot of Crap DLC there. I don't get buying the fight packs like rivals where you can already just fight with those characters anyway. Don't think i'd buy of that tbh.

Yeh don't see the point of the ultimate fight packs. I'd consider buying the fighter packs. But I don't see why they aren't in the game in the first place. Joe Lauzon FFS. Also does anyone know if the DLC fighters are in the career mode, because it might help avoid the system where you end up fighting most fighters in the division 2 or 3 times.

• Advertisement

The first few times i played it I just instantly opened with a high kick to the head but then i started to feel bad because the crowd booed me.

Shower of bastards.

Also, anybody know if bodyshot KO's are in the game? I gave Wandy a brutal going over earlier hoping the a Bodyshot knock out but no dice.

I doubt dlc fighters will be in career mode but it would be class. Still not paying for fighter pack. Ya I saw a demo of just all body shots and and the guy crumpled to the ground holding his stomach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Won't be getting any of those packs anyway given the huge amount of fighters already in the game. All the bonus DLC I'll be getting is Overeem for free by liking their facebook page and the Contenders packs DLC version of the game that you get from Amazon/Game which comes with Nick Diaz, Phil Davis, Jason Miller and Brian Stann.

I think Overeem will be the most important dlc and it's a good thing he is free. Just like said above though, it will be important he be included in career mode, especially if he beats JDS! Nick Diaz should really be added as well. Would like to have Mayhem to play him through a career after I finish my career first.

A guy got UFC 3 early and posted a load of youtube vids showing the walkthrough. He is fair annoying to listen to tho and admits he knows nothing about the sport. I don't like the cut scenes in career mode, really takes away from it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

full game online for download if you have a flashed xbox. downloaded it. just had one game so far lesnar v santos. graphics pretty much same as last two

no nick diaz or overeem, assume they are in dlc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

ground game seems to have gone back to the old style used in ufc 1.

much better than the junk that was ufc 2 anyway.

enjoying it, seems v similar to ufc 1, graphics are identical, and gameplay also seems the same

faber v aldo mgm grand, doesnt get any bigger than this. ill tell the girlfriend not to expect me up to bed anytime soon haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Going through career mode atm, seems ok tbh

Ya, saw a ton of vids onthe official fourms and people talking about the game and how they got it early. THQ don't seem to mind anyway, wonder if it will get released earlier because of this. The career is the important thing anyway. What difficulty are ye playing at? Default or Sim stamina?

Ign gave it 9 out of 10. Fairly high score but I never trust ign anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Had a few games of it last night, it's good fun and there is a LOT of fighters in this one. It's great to use the UFC guys in the Pride mode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement