Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Undisputed 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The new highlight reel looks good. Looking forward to playing some of ye online next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya, saw a ton of vids onthe official fourms and people talking about the game and how they got it early. THQ don't seem to mind anyway, wonder if it will get released earlier because of this. The career is the important thing anyway. What difficulty are ye playing at? Default or Sim stamina?

Advanced its mid range, expert and ultimate follow.

Playing Rashad in career mode, you start out in WFA, offers of taking part in pride tourneys aswel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Does anyone know when the code for Overeem will be emailed?

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the code for Overeem will be emailed?

Spose to getting emailed to people tonight as the game is out tomorrow in the US. Us Euro's might get it later in the week though. Pity you can't take DLC fighters through career mode, although one of the devs said they will try to work on this.

Spose to getting emailed to people tonight as the game is out tomorrow in the US. Us Euro's might get it later in the week though. Pity you can't take DLC fighters through career mode, although one of the devs said they will try to work on this.

Thanks sheehy. No sign of it yet. I guess we'll get it tomorrow or Wed.

Got my Overeem code at 3am this morning, roll on Friday!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

So guys, how's the game seem overall? Worth picking up? I liked the EA MMA game, but wasn't too pushed on the last UFC one.

Just noticed theres no Jake Ellenberger in this...? Or Charlie Brennemen ,Rick Story or Hendricks
    The new generation of WW are kinda being left out of this then?

Welterweight in the game has no change other than Martin Kampmann being in it and John Hathaway and the other DLC characters.
    Disappointed at that tbh.

Got my Overeem code at 3am this morning, roll on Friday!!!!

Got mine at 3:09. Can we input the code now or should we wait until Friday?

I was thinking the same John. I want to use it now in case some nerds start spamming codes looking for one and end up stealing mine. I already downloaded and installed the ultimate fights pack so I'm hoping they will appear when you boot up the game.

• Advertisement

I was thinking the same John. I want to use it now in case some nerds start spamming codes looking for one and end up stealing mine. I already downloaded and installed the ultimate fights pack so I'm hoping they will appear when you boot up the game.

Thanks Sheehy. I just downloaded Overeem without a problem. Downloaded and Installed and ready for Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Really enjoyed the demo, much better than the 2 previous efforts IMO.

Where is the best place to pre-order for delivery on Friday?

I have mine preordered with Gamesnash - 49.99 euro with free delivery in Ireland.

http://gamesnash.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=58_28&products_id=2247

They are really quick with deliveries, if they have a game in stock, they ship it asap. I got my last preorder from them on the friday morning. Pay for extra delivery and you could get it the day before but not guaranteed.

I have mine pre-ordered at my local Gamestop.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I have mine pre-ordered at my local Gamestop.

Cheers, how much in Gamestop?

I have mine preordered with Gamesnash - 49.99 euro with free delivery in Ireland.

http://gamesnash.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=58_28&products_id=2247

They are really quick with deliveries, if they have a game in stock, they ship it asap. I got my last preorder from them on the friday morning. Pay for extra delivery and you could get it the day before but not guaranteed.

Do yet get the bonus preorder DLC when you order off Gamesnash?

Do yet get the bonus preorder DLC when you order off Gamesnash?

As far as I know,the DLC is exclusive to either game or gamestop. I did want to get the contenders pack but found that you can't bring them through career mode. The ultimate fight packs look crap as well.

Just a reminder to people, there are a few free fight packs online at the moment.

Cheers, how much in Gamestop?

about €50

My copy was dispatched earlier! Should def get it for Friday although I'm hoping for an An Post miracle and get it tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Just a reminder to people, there are a few free fight packs online at the moment.

Where does one acquire said fight packs for free? Can't wait to get this already. Sounds like they've improved it alot off the last version.
    Going to get me some flying-lariet-armbar-triangle-submissions..... :P

If you go onto the PSN store or xbox equivalent, do a search for 'ufc undisputed 3' This will bring up a good few packs but the Ultimate Rivals and Ultimate Submissions packs are free.

Thanks for the heads up Sheehy, will look at them as soon as i get outta work. Might see if xtravision have the game out on the way home, got a voucher for chrimbo i need to use.....

My copy just arrived. Depending on how many xbox/ps3 players we have on the forum, we should have a Pride Grand Prix at some point. I'll be on all night anyway so if anyone wants a scrap, add me on psn - sheehy83

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

My copy just arrived. Depending on how many xbox/ps3 players we have on the forum, we should have a Pride Grand Prix at some point. I'll be on all night anyway so if anyone wants a scrap, add me on psn - sheehy83

Gonna wait on some feedback from you guys on what the online experience is like before I get the game

Loving this so far! Great tutorial at the start but it's like I forgot everything when I started playing Exhibitions. Def the best UFC so far. Just starting career. Can't believe you still can't pick Ireland as your nationality, what a f*ck up by THQ!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I picked this up earlier and played it all day, great fun. Career mode is good, far less dicking around that in previous ones...the drills to up your stats are game relevant as well which is good.

My only gripe is that they seem to have the belt holders on steroids. I've fought for the belt twice...fought Bisping on the way the first time and murdered him, the fought Anderson for the belt and he devoured me. On the way up the second time i fought Anderson and destroyed him but Bisping was far tougher, stuffing takedowns i got him with the first time, instantly reversing on the ground and standing back up...I eventually got him with a throw from the clinch, passed to mount and pounded him out.

I understand the concept behind giving the CPU champs a stats boost but it seems to be quite a jump....definitely makes the fights for the belts a lot of fun though as you know it's going to be a challenge.

Jumping weightclass is a nice option, i've fought twice at Light Heavy and once at Welterweight, and i fought twice in Pride...which is class. Two wins via brutal headstomping.

Online is a little glitchy at the moment, but i am sure they will have that solved soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Was never a big fan of the ground game (in computer games) so if anyone likes to stand and bang feel free to ad me on Xbox Live - Superwoody101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Decided not to pick it up until Tuesday because of an assaignment :mad::mad::mad: but PSN XlamiFC if anyone wants a game then.

I'm about 18 fights in on career on Advanced and I'm stuck in Ultimate Fight Night limbo around rank 15. I like the difficulty jump, makes every fight with a ufc fighter feel like a real battle. Learning moves and levelling them up is way better than last year but still not as good EA MMA. I'm sick of listening to Goldie as well, just zero personality. I know it would have been cheeky but they should have made Bas the guy to take you through your career.

Still havn't pulled off a sub but I spose it's my lowest stat at 62. Some great sub moves so gonna take Mir through a career next and focus more on them.

Devs said online is very glitchy at the moment and they are constantly working on it to bring it up to speed.

Official forums started a petition and tweets to Dana White to give the franchise to another dev for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I'm about 18 fights in on career on Advanced and I'm stuck in Ultimate Fight Night limbo around rank 15. I like the difficulty jump, makes every fight with a ufc fighter feel like a real battle. Learning moves and levelling them up is way better than last year but still not as good EA MMA. I'm sick of listening to Goldie as well, just zero personality. I know it would have been cheeky but they should have made Bas the guy to take you through your career.

Still havn't pulled off a sub but I spose it's my lowest stat at 62. Some great sub moves so gonna take Mir through a career next and focus more on them.

Devs said online is very glitchy at the moment and they are constantly working on it to bring it up to speed.

Official forums started a petition and tweets to Dana White to give the franchise to another dev for next year.

I subbed everyone in i fought in the WFA pretty easily, then the jump in the UFC was pretty serious alright, which was very cool. The trick to actually nailing subs seems to be to focus on one or two of them and build them up, all the while edging up your main Sub stat. Having your subs around 70-75 and one or two level 3 moves should allow you to sub a few UFC guys once you have them tired.

Best thing i pulled off so far was Leg Locking Palhares.

I'm not too sure what they have done with Sonnen in the game though, when i fought him he never went for a single take down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

For anyone who missed out on Overeem you can send off for the code again at

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/overeemredeem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Nice. I missed out on Overeem the last time.

Lousy on the people who paid for it although it was just a euro. Just had a war with vlad metushenko (sp). Both of us were busted up when I caught him with a spinning backfist. Won fight of the night and ko of the night. Great craic altogether.

Im auto training the drills tho as they are becoming a pain. Wgen I have most skills up to 80, il start learning more moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pride mode is so much more fun than UFC mode with all the foot stomps, knees to the head and soccer kicks. Barely play in UFC mode at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

I am getting a lot of problems trying to get online in this today. Are there problems with the servers or is it on my end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

same here

Ya, devs are having awful problems with online. official discussion with the devs here:

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/go/thread/view/136085/28929789/Weekend_Online_Update_%28Saturday%29
    Our development team is continuing to work steadfastly on a permanent fix to address the server stability; this will be a combination of ongoing fixes on the server side and a patch to be deployed down the road (the patch will also include general gameplay fixes). We have a 24/7 team monitoring the servers. If there is an outage, it should only occur for a very short period and then be back online.

We will continue keeping you posted with pertinent updates here on our message board and on our official Twitter account, @UFC_Undisputed. Twitter is the best place to catch us for any real-time updates, and be sure to look for replies from myself, THQ_Tank, or THQ_Shamownage in this thread.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. We are going to improve this significantly.

I created a Boards camp on PS3. Camp name is boards.ie or BRDS. Let me know if anyone wants to join up for some online fighting.

I'd be up for that : kiad890

I need to train my stand up a bit!!!

Have to say, have been enjoying it for the most part, had a good run in the welterweight for career mode although after battering Fitch for the title he manage to hit me with 1 good puch to finish me which i was utterly not happy about.
    But it is good, still getting used to the clinch transitions, looking to hit some sweet muay thai knees.
    But the title mode is great fun, the training is ace, really loving it. Need to renew my gold membership to get into some of the groups for some good sessions.
    But have to say, it's a vast improvement on previous versions.

• Advertisement

Ya, having a great laugh with this. every fight is like a proper battle. No decisions yet but a lot of the fights going to 3 rounds. My latest fight is with Big Nog in the LHW. Didn't even think about it but hope he dropped weight instead of me moving to HW! Only thing annoying me atm is Goldie announcing me as a submission expert before every fight even though I only pulled off one sub and it's the lowest of all my skills. That and AI fighters aren't really fighting like they should. Everyone is happy to stand and box with me, even the wrestling and bjj guys don't seem to want to go to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Gameplay wise, this is almost the exact same game as the previous two. So I'm quite disappointed in that respect. Having said that, Pride mode makes this game. The ground game is frustratingly inconsistent, but then you're never going to really be able to translate that to a game, ever. So it'll do for now!

I've found the ground game much better this year. If I get taken down, I hold the right stick right to hold onto the guy so he can't posture up and it blocks him transitioning. Once he tries to transition, holding the right stick right blocks it and then you should go for the escape. Works most of the time for me. Also, when you see the AI going for a transition, flick the right stick right and you can counter or sweep him. All that mixed with the new sub system means I actually feel comfortable going to the ground. If I went to the ground in 2010, I would just feel like restarting the fight.

Richy06 wrote: »
    Gameplay wise, this is almost the exact same game as the previous two. So I'm quite disappointed in that respect. Having said that, Pride mode makes this game. The ground game is frustratingly inconsistent, but then you're never going to really be able to translate that to a game, ever. So it'll do for now!

I disagree, I think its much better than the previous games. This has taken the best aspects of the last 2 games and added some better things. The people that complain about the ground game just aren't good at it. You cant spam transitions anymore and have it automatically work on the 3rd go like the last game, which is think is great. Being able to hold somebody in a position indefinatly (if you're good enough) is awesome and it really makes people think about their stratagies a bit more.
    I thought the rocked position and side control were very bad and over powered when I first started, but with practice you get the timing to survive and its not that big of a deal any more. Side control strikes could do with a nerf but its fairly easily dealt with.
    I also love the knee counter to the take down. It actually does stuff in this game which gives strikers a weapon to NOT be taken down. I'm a wrestler/gnp guy myself (have piss poor stand up) and I f*cking love when I get knocked out while shooting for a takedown. It sounds weird to say but it just means I lost because of a mistake I made (not setting up my shot) as opposed to the other games which you can lose by just being spammed. Over all I think the gameplay of UFC 3 is great mainly for the last reason, if you lose a fight it is because you made a mistake or the other guy was just better.

The servers on the other hand are a load of bollox

kiad wrote: »
    Over all I think the gameplay of UFC 3 is great mainly for the last reason, if you lose a fight it is because you made a mistake or the other guy was just better.

Fully agree. Every fight I lost, I know it was because of mistakes I made, swinging wildly leading to getting KO'd with a counter. Spamming ground transitions instead of taking my time drained my stamina leading to ai getting better position.

Actually, another problem I'm having is being forced to pick a camp and losing the moves from the the other camps. I wanted to get my skill up before getting moves and now find I'm very limited in what I can learn with Sityodtong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

My problem with the ground grappling is it's a little too quick. It makes to hard to throw strikes whilst trying to pressure a guy to hold him in the spot. I think I just need to play it a bit more, but I can't see a big enough difference in the game to warrant the year's gap they took. It's basically the same game with afew subtle tweaks. Maybe as I play it more I'll get more used to it but at the minute, I like it without loving it.

Richy06 wrote: »
    My problem with the ground grappling is it's a little too quick. It makes to hard to throw strikes whilst trying to pressure a guy to hold him in the spot. I think I just need to play it a bit more, but I can't see a big enough difference in the game to warrant the year's gap they took. It's basically the same game with afew subtle tweaks. Maybe as I play it more I'll get more used to it but at the minute, I like it without loving it.

The key to this is be patient. If you are top position and you block a transition you can get one clean punch through before the bottom guy can do anything. What a lot of people do is once they land that punch they keep on punching, which gives the guy on the bottom time to transition out. Try just punching once and then waiting, or get the punch through and then transition yourself to a better position. The guy on the bottom will probably try to transition again straight away so just block that and punch again. You can keep on doing this and the guy on the bottom will not be able to get out. The most important thing is NOT hold back the right stick all the time. When you see the opponent start to move, then hold the stick to block him. If you keep the right stick held the whole time they will just transition through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

If anyone on xbox wants a game send me a invite BLOBBY 999

So has anyone found any nice little tips, tricks or pointers while playing?
    I'm still finding myself standing and banging in the the ring, my takedowns are rubbish, defense equally as bad and gassing like a mo fo. Saying that, i'm still really enjoying it.
    I guess now i know how Dan Hardy feels......
    But seriously, might start a new fighter in career and see if i can take him up the dizzying heights with some more emphasis on particular areas.
    And need to get my xbox gold membership renewed as well for some online.
    GT is Spaco05, I'll be back in the ring later this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 KevMcGrath

PauloConn wrote: »
    So has anyone found any nice little tips, tricks or pointers while playing?
    I'm still finding myself standing and banging in the the ring, my takedowns are rubbish, defense equally as bad and gassing like a mo fo. Saying that, i'm still really enjoying it.
    I guess now i know how Dan Hardy feels......
    But seriously, might start a new fighter in career and see if i can take him up the dizzying heights with some more emphasis on particular areas.
    And need to get my xbox gold membership renewed as well for some online.
    GT is Spaco05, I'll be back in the ring later this weekend

I've found with career (playing on advanced) that you can bang your way through the WFA fights without too much trouble. Pretty much do what you want. Once you get in the UFC though. You can't do that anymore. Use the sways and counter in the stand up. It's all about the ground game. Which is excellent compared to previous games. You need to rest and block the opponents transitions and try and time it to make your own. It's all about the resting. Especially when you are on your back. This works for me

Advertisement