Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Undisputed 3

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

I've not played against the AI much, am mainly doing online. But the best way to fight being taken down is the knee (back and right kick for orthodox). It is killer to takedowns. I would suggest finishing every combination with that knee and even just throwing it very liberally through out the fight as its quick enough for you to get back to blocking or swaying after you throw it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

KevMcGrath wrote: »
    I've found with career (playing on advanced) that you can bang your way through the WFA fights without too much trouble. Pretty much do what you want. Once you get in the UFC though. You can't do that anymore. Use the sways and counter in the stand up. It's all about the ground game. Which is excellent compared to previous games. You need to rest and block the opponents transitions and try and time it to make your own. It's all about the resting. Especially when you are on your back. This works for me

Agreed there is a huge step up in competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Just started playing this the other night. The Pride mode is so much fun! Started a career and won MW & LHW titles and then won the Pride GP!

The Bas/Quadros commentary is excellent! They even go off into telling stories like they used to do. They started telling a story about Ramon Dekkers and how he kicked a guy 40+ times in a fight at one point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Since getting into the top 10 in career, ive been walking through fighters, havnt lost a a fight in ages and just beat jones. I only have around 10 fights left, hope it's enough to go for the pride belt. I won 4 fight of tge year awards, anyone make it into the hall of fame, xlami I will add you into thw camp when I'm on next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I'll be online later it anyone wants a game on ps3, user name is Haganator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Have to get an xBox Gold sub! There was a Boards competition for Undisputed 1 and I ruled all! All wins, all finishes, all awesome :P

Just made it to the hall of fame yurt! Can't get online at all, keeps kicking me off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

how is the online in this? is there lots of cheap tactics and exploits used like in UFC 2010 and to an extent 2009? I hope its more balanced this year before I thrown down the cash.

Where is this cheapest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I got it for 50 euro dollars in gamestop.

The loading times are horrendous. Doing my head in and taking away from my enjoyment of the game tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Went from #2 WW and title contender to peripheral top 10 and now back in the mix after 2 solid wins over Diego Sanchez and revenged against Condit (damn him anyway!!!). Back in the hunt for my first title. I'm hoping they don't turn my CAF into the new Kenny Florian......
    Get a few games in this weekend. Does anyone have a camp setup on xbox live? Or is it worth organising one?

how is the online in this? is there lots of cheap tactics and exploits used like in UFC 2010 and to an extent 2009? I hope its more balanced this year before I thrown down the cash.

It depends on what you mean by exploits. Short answer: NO. It is a very balanced game and everything has a counter. They've reworked clinching a bit so that you can actually pull away from them now if you are in a thai clinch, and cage hugging is harder to do and does very little damage. It might take a bit of practice but this game allows you to be able to fight your fight.
    The default stamina setting does lend itself to being able to spam heavy punches without losing much, but they are going to have simulation stamina in the ranked in the first patch, and personally I think people that fight like this are easily countered anyway.

The only real issue is the strength of Jon Jones and GSP. Jones has sick power and reach and can dominate on the feet and on top by people with little skill. His only weakness is off his back but his takedown defense is so good its hard to get him there. GSP is broken. His stand up is super strong and he has sweeps from every ground position off his back. Be prepared to fight these guys a lot.

Fought online for 1st time against xlami, had a some good fights, both of us getting rocked, great standup, clinch, ground game, subs, fights went everywhere so online has much improved over 2010. I found though any time I picked my 92 CAF, the other guy will just quit the game even though he has picked Jones so I havn't played with my caf yet.

Can you both pick the same guy online? Like if someonw picks Jones or GSP, then just pick the same as them?

I like to mix it up though and try different fighters every fight.

I find Pride mode can end too quickly though with head stomps. Ref stops it way too quick.

You can pick the same fighter, but right now you cant see who the other person picked until you lock in and by then you cant go back and re-pick.

Ah, but you have to press X again when you can see both fighters on the screen to go 'Ready'? I havn't tried it but I thought you could go back at this point. Should have it anyway if they don't, fighting Jones online is just a balls, as it would be in real life I imagine.

No you cant go back once you both lock in and see who the other person has picked. I think its something they are going to change but at the moment you're stuck. You can just leave the session once you see Bones, GSP or some super CAF though.

Yeah the MP isn't great, played 2 games last night and both times the opponent picked Anderson Silva (i was Hendo of course) and after tagging him, putting him on his a$$ and generally doing a Chael on it, they both bail.....
    So went back to going for my WW title to have GSP hand my a$$ to me with a first round kimura. Damn, i hate fighting the champs, they always kill me

People quitting is an absolute joke. I could understand in 2010 because the ground game is so broken but it's much easier to block ground transitions and perform sweeps this year. Online community is awful, much better playing against boardsies or people you know and both know its just for a laugh and mix up the fighters a bit. ea mma didn't have a big a problem with people quitting, dunno why thq have such a bad problem with it.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Online community is awful, much better playing against boardsies or people you know and both know its just for a laugh and mix up the fighters a bit.

Agree completely, must organise a tourney some evening, not feeling like i'm getting my monies worth out of the online play. I thought they'd penalise people for just leaving games like give me the win instead of sitting there like a tool. Just have to hope i get decent skins to play against over the weekend.....:D
    Think i'm going to practice my blocking as well, need to work on that for the auld counters. So handy to use

Ya, the counters seem to be key to flash KO's, expecially if you sway and counter. As far as I knew THQ were going to give quitters an automatic loss and give you the win. EA had this and seemed to work well. THQ are getting awful abuse for the they are handling online but if you get one guy who is just up for a laugh, then just keep rematching him. Way too many tools out there.

• Advertisement

I havn't come across quitters yet. I've had games that drop out and say the other person disconnected but thats a problem with the server (unless they quit while they were winning?!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Fun game, but just cannot win a title fight, jump in opponents stats is ridiculously high. Opponents stats should stay the way they are regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Fun game, but just cannot win a title fight, jump in opponents stats is ridiculously high. Opponents stats should stay the way they are regardless.

Yeah it's tough going all right. The key is to just fight a long fight I find. Work the legs and the body, stick them on the cage, tire them out and i round 5 go for the kill. Going for a KO before that just leads to getting knocked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Yeah it's tough going all right. The key is to just fight a long fight I find. Work the legs and the body, stick them on the cage, tire them out and i round 5 go for the kill. Going for a KO before that just leads to getting knocked out.

Just beat Anderson Silva, first round knockout:D

Probably didn't give it enough time before, or a bad matchup, happy now anyways.

Advertisement