Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History.

• 03-06-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Anyone have any tips on what areas to cover over these last few days

im doing

Ireland topic 3 (pursuit of sove...)
    Europe topic 3 (dictatorsip and democ...)
    Europe tpic 4 (Division and Rea.....)

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Only doing 2 of those but:

Ireland Topic 3

I'd advise a comparison between Cumann na nGaedhael and Fianna Fáil, mainly focusing on economic policy.

Europe Topic 3

Rise to the power of the Nazis and Hitler's Foreign Policy would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Only doing 2 of those but:

Ireland Topic 3

I'd advise a comparison between Cumann na nGaedhael and Fianna Fáil, mainly focusing on economic policy.

Europe Topic 3

Rise to the power of the Nazis and Hitler's Foreign Policy would be my advice.

Ye my teacher also advised those areas if they come up I'll be very happy, you think a question on Mussolinis foreign policy could come up?

Iceboy wrote: »
    Ye my teacher also advised those areas if they come up I'll be very happy, you think a question on Mussolinis foreign policy could come up?

I would think (hope too) that it wouldn't come up on its own. It's a possibility, but I would expect a broader Mussolini question or a comparison with Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

The only comparison question I could think of would be the growth of fascism

when you talk about hitler and mussolinis rise to power is that esentilly the same as their rise of fascism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 UL

For the Dictator section focus on Mussolini and everything on Hitler.

Learning WW2 is a safe bet too but I wouldn't put money on it to come up. And maybe Britains economy if you have time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 ShonyBoulders

when you talk about hitler and mussolinis rise to power is that esentilly the same as their rise of fascism?

It is pretty much, you could also compare them through their use of propaganda when they were in power, and that would also be another talking point for fascism. :pac:

Ya it's the same.

Well, I know church-state relations came up one year. You could maybe compare about how totalitarian their states were or how they used propaganda or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 UL

Does anyone have any predictions for Ireland: Topic 6, Government, economy and society in the Republic of Ireland, 1949-1989?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GracieK17

ok, so if i just learn everything about Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin and Lenin should i be ok??

GracieK17 wrote: »
    ok, so if i just learn everything about Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin and Lenin should i be ok??

For Europe you should be...if that includes factors in the Rise of the Nazis.

• Advertisement
Advertisement