Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letters from SEC?

• 03-06-2011 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭

I heard on the 2FM show that people were getting letters from the SEC stating what subjects they're sitting during the LC Exams..

Did anyone here get one?

I didn't.. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

ye u got it from your school i think.... i got one too...it had you pin on it to see your result on the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Oh.. I didn't get one :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Yup i didin't get it either...wondering why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Your school might give them out the first day of exams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Oh yeah I got one.. Don't know where I put it though?! :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Oh yeah I got one.. Don't know where I put it though?! :L
    Probably a good idea to find it at some stage if it had your PIN for results on it ... otherwise (like so many others in previous years) you'll be on here a couple of days before the results in a panic! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 thejetset

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Did anyone here get one?

Yup, we got them, but AFAIK the school only got them on Wednesday this week so its possible that if you weren't in that you will not have gotten it yet. I suspect they'll either give it to you on Wednesday or send it out to you. It should get to you at some stage anyway. Perhaps you should ring the school on Tuesday and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I heard on the 2FM show that people were getting letters from the SEC stating what subjects they're sitting during the LC Exams..

Did anyone here get one?

I didn't.. :confused:

They were only sent out recently. Check with your school to see if they have it. If they don't, get on to Cornamaddy ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Yeah I got a letter but think I chucked it! Am planning on going to school to collect my results... Oh good God! :cool: I'm so scared :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

My school forwarded it to me via. the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Has everyone received a letter with their PIN code in it? The exams are half way through and I still haven't received it, Ill probably have to ask for it in school...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Catacomb

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Has everyone received a letter with their PIN code in it? The exams are half way through and I still haven't received it, Ill probably have to ask for it in school...

I don't have anything? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

My school handed the letters out to us the day the leaving started on wednesday. Maybe your schools sending them out to you by post? has any others in your year received it?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭yelselseivad

Letters were sent to the schools so I'm sure if you check in the office/with school secretary they can point you in the right direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

My school handed the letters out to us the day the leaving started on wednesday.
    Advice to everyone: put them somewhere safe!!

It might not seem important now, but there will be dozens of people fussing around here the day before the results come out because they have mislaid them, and won't be able to log in and get their results!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I'm an external candidate so my pin was mailed straight to me.
    There is a notice on the door of my centre that pins are available from the principal. Get it sooner (ie. tomorrow) rather than wait until the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

They're usually available from the Exam HQ in your school. . .wherever the exam secetary(usually a teacher in your school) is based. . .really good schools will have them given to the attendants to distribute. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

They're usually available from the Exam HQ in your school. . .wherever the exam secetary(usually a teacher in your school) is based. . .really good schools will have them given to the attendants to distribute. . .

I suppose you got yours off your attendant..! ;) :P

We got ours in a pack thing at our Grad Mass.. It was a present our year photo but they put the booklet and letter in as well..! :P

That's what excellent schools do..! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

I suppose you got yours off your attendant..! ;) :P

We got ours in a pack thing at our Grad Mass.. It was a present our year photo but they put the booklet and letter in as well..! :P

That's what excellent schools do..! ;)

. . .:cool:. . .rephrase. . .thats what really good community schools do. . .

I gotta admit, thats pretty neat. . .we don't have a year photo. . .but a kickass yearbook's on it's way. . .

Advertisement