Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomb Raider (reboot)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

calex71 wrote: »
    Birds nests are worse, only spotted one so far.

I just got them all what a pain to find but once I started I just had to get all 5 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RaZzZz

Take your time to explore the area, you'll easily find everything even without a map of the area ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm up to the bit where you rescue the pilot after the crash
    I'm enjoying this so much, arguably one of the best games I've played in ages. Went and back and did a bit of searching for hidden collectibles as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

thats the thing about this game for me; im not bothered about going back to the previous areas to try get to what i may have missed because the areas aren't that challenging or interesting to explore (so far) and thats not what I expected. Treated as
    a straightforward action game its certainly fun but Tomb Raider it aint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've noticed a fair few thorn bushes blocking what seem like hidden areas, will I get something later on for those ??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

gave up on this today. The QTE's input lag while using a mouse and keyboard are too frustrating, and i cba changing resolution and fullscreen everytime i get one.
    So until it gets patched it gonna gather dust. Shame really because outside of those stupid QTE's it's a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I'm really enjoying it. I was worried it was going to be more of the same ****e but happy to see a new take. It's a bit too easy but I couldn't care less, I can always play Dark Souls if I want a challenge. First time I've liked a Tomb Raider since the first two.

More like this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Spotted that Gamestop here in Galway are charging 70quid for the "Survival" edition. Seems like a fairly hefty price, and the edition didn't seem to come with any physical memorabilia. What's it come with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

deathrider wrote: »
    Spotted that Gamestop here in Galway are charging 70quid for the "Survival" edition. Seems like a fairly hefty price, and the edition didn't seem to come with any physical memorabilia. What's it come with?

Art book, a map(I think), weapon dlc and a box sleeve iirc. Get the regular one with the trade in deal I did and am loving it. :)

So any other PC gamers finding the aiming to be off or is it just me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

GTR63 wrote: »
    Art book, a map(I think), weapon dlc and a box sleeve iirc. Get the regular one with the trade in deal I did and am loving it. :)

Seems mighty steep for an art book. Weapon DLC means zero to me, and a map is kinda thing you get with GTA games without it being any kind of added bonus. I'm dying to play Tomb Raider, but it's price is currently way out of my league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Looking for more collectables trying to find the bodies in the catacombs what a fu(king nightmare i have 5 out of 6 and i cannot for the life of me find the last one im losing my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RaZzZz

So any other PC gamers finding the aiming to be off or is it just me?

I'm using the gamepad and it's as expected.. painful ^^ shooters and gamepads were never meant to be IMO

deathrider wrote: »
    Seems mighty steep for an art book. Weapon DLC means zero to me, and a map is kinda thing you get with GTA games without it being any kind of added bonus. I'm dying to play Tomb Raider, but it's price is currently way out of my league.

The regular can be got with the 2 game trade in and a tenner. If you look you might be able to get it for a bit cheaper.
    Really enjoying it(better than a lot of games I played last year) now after getting Tools on the boat, how much longer is in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

how long is the single player main story in this, without all the collectables and side stuff

RaZzZz wrote: »

I'm using the gamepad and it's as expected.. painful ^^ shooters and gamepads were never meant to be IMO

I'm using mouse and keyboard. Very few titles I'd play on PC with a game pad though I'm eternally grateful for it for games like Arkham City as otherwise my fingers would be in bits after an hour or so of it.

I've done the second tomb now. Pretty easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm playing on PC, but trying to get my PS3 working on it. Using the MotionJoy software to sync with windows. Windows sees the controller, all the features work and all, but Tomb Raider doesn't recognise it. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, you need to configure the controller as an xbox 360 controller for it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Finished this last night on Normal,going to finish off all the collectibles and then do it on Hard.Very enjoyable game. Absolutley love the ice axe, makes climbing cliff faces epic.Feel like Sylvester Stallone from cliffhanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Finished this last night on Normal,going to finish off all the collectibles and then do it on Hard.Very enjoyable game. Absolutley love the ice axe, makes climbing cliff faces epic.Feel like Sylvester Stallone from cliffhanger.

I love jumping from one to another, the QTE for when you are only hanging on after a long jump/fall barely is fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Liking it so far, its a mixture of loads of different things but works well, I really, really wish they'd stop putting this "instinct" thing in games where you can see through walls and spot enemies and the like, AC3 had it, Hitman had it, this has it, it makes sense in the Arkham games because, y'know,you're Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

krudler wrote: »
    Liking it so far, its a mixture of loads of different things but works well, I really, really wish they'd stop putting this "instinct" thing in games where you can see through walls and spot enemies and the like, AC3 had it, Hitman had it, this has it, it makes sense in the Arkham games because, y'know,you're Batman.

I don't know what I think about it. On the one hand I recognise it detracts from realism and would make for more tension if you didnt have it as a crutch, on the other hand, games that use it tend to be more enjoyable to play. Probably cos theres less trial and error and repeating of sections.

Finished this last nite, did it in about 10 & 1/2 hours but didn`t do a load of exploring, I really enjoyed it. The intro was a tiny bit too QTE heavy but there wasn`t as much as the game went on. I`d of liked challenge maps or something post game I think it could work in a game like this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Anyone else having major trouble with the QTE? Buttons don't seem to respond to my input, it will say something like hit F to defend but no matter if I mash it, hold it down or press it once, it only responds part of the time. 15 attempts to defend against a wolf and I'm loosing patience, this is not fun.

That seems to be quite a widespread problem on PC's/

Finished it earlier, with 93%. Really enjoyed it but after I get all the collectibles there really is little or nothing left in the game, no reason to replay it and the multiplayer isn't enough to keep me interested.

Agree with above challenge rooms or similar might have been the way to go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Worth the cash then?

Very much so.

Worth the cash then?

Yes but if you are on a console rental is an option. Like I said I really enjoyed the game but unless you are a fan of the multiplayer then there really isn't much left after you finish the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

cloud493 wrote: »
    Very much so.

I did love the first 2 on the old trusty PS1, I bought this new one for my missus, I'm watching her play it now, I'm very impressed from what I have seen, was originally gonna give this a skip but it looks a bit good so I may have to check it out!

Advertisement