Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomb Raider (reboot)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

calex71 wrote: »

Ooh, I like free stuff!

Speaking of, The Nerd Machine are offering a free Zachary Levi (from Chuck) multiplayer skin on 360:

If you would like a free code to play as Zac Levi in Tomb Raider’s Multiplayer mode, email us @ contests@thenerdmachine.com.

Please note, these codes are one per email and only work for XBOX.

Codes can take up to 24 hours for delivery.

While supplies last.

http://www.thenerdmachine.com/tomb-raider-sale-and-free-mp-codes/

I like the look of those t-shirts too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Guessing im about 3/4 the way through im at
    Bit where you have to help repair the boat
    . So far so good tho, probably the best single player game i've played in the last year or so. Its got a lot of uncharted moments, and while i never really liked uncharted, i somehow like this a lot. Maybe its because the combat is far more satisfying and there is a bit more open world to the game.

How does the console version hold up visually btw ? Silky smooth at 1080p/Max settings on my PC, looks fantastic.

Magill wrote: »
    Guessing im about 3/4 the way through im at
    Bit where you have to help repair the boat
    . So far so good tho, probably the best single player game i've played in the last year or so. Its got a lot of uncharted moments, and while i never really liked uncharted, i somehow like this a lot. Maybe its because the combat is far more satisfying and there is a bit more open world to the game.

How does the console version hold up visually btw ? Silky smooth at 1080p/Max settings on my PC, looks fantastic.

Having not seen the PC version running in front of me but knowing it was going be vastly superior to 7 year old tech on an xbox I was stunned by how well it looked on xbox, So can only imagine ho pretty it is on a top spec PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Having not seen the PC version running in front of me but knowing it was going be vastly superior to 7 year old tech on an xbox I was stunned by how well it looked on xbox, So can only imagine ho pretty it is on a top spec PC.

Nice, glad its running well. Thought it might have performed like AC3 (Well, on PS3 anyway) since its such a nice looking game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I know there's plenty of blood and Lara gets pretty banged up but I wasn't expecting anything as gruesome as
    the waterfall part, just before the parachute, I messed that part up once and boom! Iron pole up through her throat and out the back of her head. Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

J. Marston wrote: »
    I know there's plenty of blood and Lara gets pretty banged up but I wasn't expecting anything as gruesome as
    the waterfall part, just before the parachute, I messed that part up once and boom! Iron pole up through her throat and out the back of her head. Jesus!

yea that was a gruesome one the deaths even give dead space a run for there money lol

never thought a tomb raider game could get more violent than a resident evil game resi6 was pants for the death scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Where is the cheapest place to buy this for download on the PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Johner wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to buy this for download on the PC?

Its €27 on G2Play right now, but think it will be down to €25 from 8am tomorrow based on a vote they are running right now. Cheapest I've seen anywhere.

http://www.g2play.net/store/Tomb-Raider-Steam-Key.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

can anyone tell me how many hours it takes to complete this game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

mystic86 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me how many hours it takes to complete this game?

Why, are you in a rush? :pac:

miralize wrote: »
    Why, are you in a rush? :pac:

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

J. Marston wrote: »

I died a bunch of times on that, after the 2nd barricade you shoot with the shotgun
    I ploughed her into a pole, and during the parachute sequence if you hit a tree dead on she gets impaled on a branch.
    This game must have a record for how many cliffs, hills, roofs, ledges, stairs, rusty walkways and crumbly bits of temple the hero can fall through or off :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I just ate this game up. Absolutely super single player, and the second I finished it, I went back in and started on 100%-ing everything.

I loved at the end when
    you get a hold of the dual pistols for the first time. I've never played TR before but I know the significance of the moment. Perfect way to end the game imho

Just wondering if anyone bought the collectors edition...what was the figure like? Worth it?

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

Copy arrived last week but waiting for it to be patch up on PC. Looking forward to it, but SC2 may see it put off another weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

really liking this game, but could someone tell me how to get by
    the part where yer man is choking Lara to death

I just cant see it :o

oh PC version btw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Azza wrote: »
    Copy arrived last week but waiting for it to be patch up on PC. Looking forward to it, but SC2 may see it put off another weekend.

Apparantly there is a patch out now on Steam.
    -Addressed some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware.
    -Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.
    -Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options.
    -Some small improvements to TressFX hair rendering.
    -Fixes for various graphics glitches, including certain effects not being visible in fullscreen mode.
    -Fixed a problem that caused some users to not be able to use exclusive fullscreen.
    -Added support for separate mouse/gamepad inversion for aiming, as well as support for x-axis inversion.
    -Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode.
    -Various other small fixes.

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

Patch looks good but I'm still hearing that tesselisation is causing instability and the performance hit of SSAO and TressFx is still too high on nvidia cards. Can't play it until weekend so hopefully another patch/driver will appear before the end of the week,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone bought the collectors edition...what was the figure like? Worth it?

I got the CE, the figure is great. Play Arts' sculpting is always top-notch and Lara is no exception. The only issue I have is that her elbow and wrist joints are a bit too obvious, but clever posing can make them a bit less so. They'll release the figure on its own soon I'm sure! I've attached a few pics too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Been playing tomb raider all weekend, just finished it this morning, loved it! I never cared for the uncharted games, and this borrows a lot from them, but somehow this just works better.
    Gonna try and round up those last few pieces of treasure now, have it completed to 97% Just a birds egg, a mushroom, a sun thingy and a few docs to go!

Can anybody comment on the multiplayer? I dont have my PS3 connected to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Can anybody comment on the multiplayer? I dont have my PS3 connected to the internet.
    I've seen people comment on the game. Great things to say for the single player, but unimpressed with the multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Multiplayer is ****e.

Think I'll get this for the PS3. Two reasons. It is a rare game, but it the PS3 version has a bit of an edge on the 360 version apparently. Also, I'm more of a completionist on the 360 in terms of achievements than I am with the PS3 with trophies. I have far fewer games in comparison on the PS3 to the 360, though I've a lot of games considering I haven't had it long.

Don't want to slog through to get the MP achievements. And will not feel I'm missing them in terms of trophies.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Think I'll get this for the PS3. Two reasons. It is a rare game, but it the PS3 version has a bit of an edge on the 360 version apparently. Also, I'm more of a completionist on the 360 in terms of achievements than I am with the PS3 with trophies. I have far fewer games in comparison on the PS3 to the 360, though I've a lot of games considering I haven't had it long.

Don't want to slog through to get the MP achievements. And will not feel I'm missing them in terms of trophies.

Most of the multiplayer ones can't be done solo ;) there are 3 or 4 you would need some help with. That said the 40-60 hours to get the one for buying all the upgrades is one I will not be bothering with.

Most of the multiplayer ones can't be done solo ;) there are 3 or 4 you would need some help with. That said the 40-60 hours to get the one for buying all the upgrades is one I will not be bothering with.
    I know it can't be done solo. That's one of the reasons I'm getting it on the PS3. I have a good completion rating on the 360 with achievements, but the same isn't the case with the PS3/trophies. A sensible approach, then, is to maintain my good completion on the 360, and play this on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Am in the
    burning temple after you rescue the other three people and the Solarii hideout is burning down
    . Really, really enjoying this, have done barely any backtracking thought just playing it for the story, does anyone know once you finish can you go back and explore other areas and tombs or do you have to start over?

krudler wrote: »
    Am in the
    burning temple after you rescue the other three people and the Solarii hideout is burning down
    . Really, really enjoying this, have done barely any backtracking thought just playing it for the story, does anyone know once you finish can you go back and explore other areas and tombs or do you have to start over?

Once you are finished, you can go back in and collect anything you missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sorry for hijacking the thread but where's the cheapest B&M store to get this for PS3?
    Cheapest I found so far is Argos for €44.99,not interested in doing trade in deals at the likes of Gamestop.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking the thread but where's the cheapest B&M store to get this for PS3?
    Cheapest I found so far is Argos for €44.99,not interested in doing trade in deals at the likes of Gamestop.

You won't get it cheaper than that, unless you go on adverts.ie

Advertisement