Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomb Raider (reboot)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Anyone else getting weird hair issues on pc? Tressfx on with an AMD card. Seems to be always appearing and disappearing, especially when you walk through a waterfall!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Once you are finished, you can go back in and collect anything you missed.

Thanking you, Ill go do exploring and find the tombs once i finish it, there's some excellent setpieces,
    getting across the bridge while your buddy is sniping guys was cool
    usually in games its you doing the covering.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

krudler wrote: »
    Thanking you, Ill go do exploring and find the tombs once i finish it, there's some excellent setpieces,
    getting across the bridge while your buddy is sniping guys was cool
    usually in games its you doing the covering.

Honestly, I though I was playing
    Modern Warfare for a second. Even the voice actors sound the same lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm enjoying it so far. I'm currently in a situation when I don't really have much time, and I'm liking having a game that's fun, easy and not too long. I tried to start The Witcher 2, but didn't have the time to invest properly so that's on the backburner until the summer. LEGO games and this until then!

it does a good job of making you feel like an absolute badass in parts, love taking guys out with the bow, rarely every use guns, the shotgun is good for any "kill all enemies before you can progress" sections if they get in close, other than that fire arrows and stalking ftw. the
    underground section with you falling into a pool of blood is straight out of The Descent, even the shot of Lara slowly emerging from it
    the levels are massive as well, that
    shanty town level is huuuge, with all the surrounding towers and cliffside areas

• Advertisement

Has there been any announcement on gameplay DLC? There are areas of the maps that are completely untouched.

Might trade it in now. Have no interest in the MP and have all the single player achievements apart from 1 or 2 minor ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Cheapest place to get this for Xbox lads?

Its 43euro on Amazon!?

the MP is meh, only had a half hour bash of it but its really slow paced, and its pretty much identical to Uncharted 3's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I like it so far. The biggest difficulty I'm having is with mapping my controller for pc using xpadder (I don't have an xbox controller). It's fine for most things, but every once in a while a button will so something it's not supposed to. Ah well! Those QTEs are a bit annoying as well. I think I've gotten killed about ten times by wolves so far.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying it. I've said it elsewhere, but this is the first time that I feel like Lara is in a real environment and not one that has convenient ledges and posts for her to grab onto. It feels like she's reacting to her surroundings rather than the surroundings being made to suit her, if that makes sense.

I haven't had much time to spend with it so I'm only on 14%, but so far so good.

Played it, loved it, traded it in for 50 credit against Bioshock Infinite :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Played it, loved it, traded it in for 50 credit against Bioshock Infinite :)

Gamestop? Today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Where was that? I'm just about done with this.

sweetie wrote: »

Gamestop? Today?

GameStop yesterday.

GameStop yesterday.

sweet. Xtravision offered 20 cash or 31 credit, I politely declined!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

GameStop yesterday.

Must finish this off.€50 store credit in Gamestop? Surely that wasn't the the bog standard edition was it?

Must finish this off.€50 store credit in Gamestop? Surely that wasn't the the bog standard edition was it?

i'm guessing its e40 and they are still running the 25% extra for a pre-order deal. hope its still on in henry st branch, they tend to do their own thing!

It was! It's normally 40 credit but 25% extra if used against a preorder.

that 50 credit work for GOW?

edit: God not Gears :pac:

That makes more sense. Still quite decent though.

Take advantage of this trade in deal for bioshock infinite or just use the trade two games in get it for a tenner, hmmmm

• Advertisement

got this in henry st at lunch time. bit of a delay with my xbox copy, some system issue, but accepted. God of war tomorrow for a fiver! TR only cost me 30 with their trade in deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Found my last item last night for 100% completion! :D Its been a loooong time since I had the interest to 100% a game.
    Possible clues to the story line of the sequel I think in the two secret GPS caches, regarding the Trinity group and the star phenomenon. Probably wont be the last we hear of this island.
    Will definitly be playing through the main campaign again, after I give it a break for a couple of weeks.

Next on the list is Metal Gear Solid 2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I 100%ed the other night, excellent game. Loved
    seeing Lara dual wield
    at the end.

The sequel hints were intriguing, nice reward for dedicated players (like the Riddler Trophies in Arkham Asylum). Why can't all games make the collectible quests so good?

the hidden tombs are nice little sidequests, could be a bit more puzzley though there's usually one simple puzzle and that it. I'm nearly finished I think hadnt played it much the last few nights, at the
    going back onto the ship you're on at the start
    level, anyone who finish it know how far that is from the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

I'd say bout two hours or so left, the finale is fantastic.

recyclops wrote: »
    I'd say bout two hours or so left, the finale is fantastic.

Cool, just fought
    some big dude on the deck of the ship and quit after i found Lara's room from the opening cinematic. might plough through the rest later.
    I was gonna trade it for god of war but I might try 100% it, I prefer the exploration to the combat tbh, once you complete it are there enemies still on the island or can you just run around collecting stuff? Can't get over the size of the areas in some sequences, the beachside area and shanty towns are fecking huuuuge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

krudler wrote: »
    Cool, just fought
    some big dude on the deck of the ship and quit after i found Lara's room from the opening cinematic. might plough through the rest later.
    I was gonna trade it for god of war but I might try 100% it, I prefer the exploration to the combat tbh, once you complete it are there enemies still on the island or can you just run around collecting stuff? Can't get over the size of the areas in some sequences, the beachside area and shanty towns are fecking huuuuge.
    Yeah there's still enemies in some parts and yes you can collect all the stuff when you've completed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I heard the finale is fantastic, something about a monumental old school type tomb that your descend into. Must get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I just finished the intro. First thoughts: The island looks awesome, love the dark/stormy feel. Vastly better than Dead Island! Will they keep doing "push this button to not die please" events? That stuff really pisses me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Zillah wrote: »
    I just finished the intro. First thoughts: The island looks awesome, love the dark/stormy feel. Vastly better than Dead Island! Will they keep doing "push this button to not die please" events? That stuff really pisses me off.

Hate that as well.
    Playing on the PC doesn't help.You don't get told what button to press.

Advertisement