Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LINKS

Options
  • 03-06-2011 8:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hello guys,
    I asked this elsewhere on this site and got no answer so might be a stupid question.
    When building links ,if I put my link on sites with low or no traffic ,more than high volume sites with a lot of traffic,is this bad for the search engine results,
    is it best not to put a link on low traffic sites or is that just rubbish?:)
    Thanks for any answers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Hello guys,
    I asked this elsewhere on this site and got no answer so might be a stupid question.
    When building links ,if I put my link on sites with low or no traffic ,more than high volume sites with a lot of traffic,is this bad for the search engine results,
    is it best not to put a link on low traffic sites or is that just rubbish?:)
    Thanks for any answers!

Hey OP,

Be careful about link-building. Most of all, don't think traffic - think quality. Link-building should be about seeking out high-quality and relevant sites, not looking at how much traffic they get. Obviously traffic will be a consideration, but you want your links to appear on high-quality sites in a natural manner - forums like Boards.ie and other business forums and then industry-specific sites (possibly estate agent/auctioneer sites, etc).

There's a fine line between building links naturally and doing it in a contrived way which search engines don't appreciate..your best bet is not to think of it as 'building links' (which in itself sounds kind of unnatural and mechanical - not good) - but rather as building and developing relationships with other businesses and site owners who will naturally share your links anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hello guys,
    I asked this elsewhere on this site and got no answer

Its more because both times you have put it in a thread where it doesnt belong.

Thread moved to correct place - you should get a better response here.

Advertisement