Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sold a gun today

Options
  • 03-06-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

I had my marlin 917 in a shop for the best part of 6 months, it got sold today and i went in to pick up the cash, i had only asked the dealer to get me 200 for it as i had tried to shift it myself and nobody was biting. Anyway out of interest i asked the dealer how much he got for it and he told me....wait for it.... 200..... me ****ing hole he did, i wasnt concerned with what he made on it, i was just interested, there is no way in hell the dealer held onto the gun in his gunroom for nearly half a year and made no commission, they must think we are all clowns and tbh further proof that you cant believe an iota of what they tell you!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Some are sound in fairness, but at the mo im dealing with a well known dealer, that is acting the bollix with lies, that he made himself, must of forgot the first story he told me. What i have is very valuable to me and what 'he' was supposed to do in two weeks, has now taken nearly 3 months. Oh and he dosn do it. New story is its sent off and hasn returned. Constantly being told ring tuesday, ring back friday. Ya'll always get them sort no matter what trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

newby.204 wrote: »
    I had my marlin 917 in a shop for the best part of 6 months, it got sold today and i went in to pick up the cash, i had only asked the dealer to get me 200 for it as i had tried to shift it myself and nobody was biting. Anyway out of interest i asked the dealer how much he got for it and he told me....wait for it.... 200..... me ****ing hole he did, i wasnt concerned with what he made on it, i was just interested, there is no way in hell the dealer held onto the gun in his gunroom for nearly half a year and made no commission, they must think we are all clowns and tbh further proof that you cant believe an iota of what they tell you!!

i spoke to two dealers about selling my tikka for me and we disgust the commission as part of the deal, i would not expect a shop owner to sell my rifle without a commission as it happens i sold it my self and the new owner organised his own dealer to hold it for him till his license comes threw and he agreed a price before hand,

that said i agree with you in that you got what you wanted for the rifle and the dealer surely got a few quid for the hassle. he should have bin up front about it,

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Whats the standard commission for selling a gun?
    Most of the time ive been in dealers its a case of have a look yourself and let me know if theres something you like
    One dealer even denied he had a certain gun in stock when i found out afterwards the gun was still there:mad:

Advertisement