Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im so annoyed with myself!

• 03-06-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

I just had to vent here this evening as im just so annoyed with myself. Was in my local park earlier on this evening enjoying the sun with the 2 dogs i was minding. I was watching one particular group of teenagers on the far side of the park who had a little Yorkie with them. One little knacker who was drinking,on several occassions literally flung the little dog into the lake to make it swim. Now when i say "flung" she swung it back and literally threw it in spinning like a ragdoll. Biting my lip,I walked over calmly to where they were and when she did it again,i watched the little thing flailing in an attempt to swim back to shore.

This group were right little scumbags and i stopped short of letting a roar out of me simply because i wouldve got the head kicked out of me by the look of them. I simply and sternly said "mind that little thing, he doesnt look like the best swimmer". Your one picked the dog up, laughed and strolled back to her mates.

Ah, im still annoyed i didnt let rip tbh and its really bothering me that i was far too calm about the whole thing. The dog seemed fine but it was so feckin tiny it just galled me to see the little thing being treated like a toy.

What would you have done? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

I would have filmed them and posted it on youtube

Edit: that sounds a bit bad- I mean to make an example of the little wagon and I would give it to the guards and send a link to ISPCA or other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

i would totally snap and take the dog off her prob the wrong thing to do and i could get my head kicked in but i would still do it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Saw something similar on the grand canal a few weeks back whilst walking to work. a few youths with their dog throwing him in one of the locks. Fair enough I thought they just want to wash him but as soon as he got out they flung him back in again :mad:
    I watched and was pretty annoyed but wasn't going to tango with the lads so kept on walking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Unfortunately this country has a high percentage of scumbags who leech of the rest of Irish society and have nothing better to do with their time than fling poor dogs like rag dogs. It would be nice to see some Karma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I use to do show jumping in my youth and there was this pr*ck of a doctor that attended the gymkhana's and terrorized his 2 horses. The poor animals were terrified of him.

One time at a gymkhana the lady who i attended with had had enough.

This doctors horse wouldn't back out of the box so he start hitting it with his whip in the face. She stormed over dragged him out of the box and proceed to use her whip on him. She beat the absolute snot out of him. His whole head was a bloody mess.
    None of the medic's on site would treat him and the vet's took the horses off him and got him prosecuted by the I.S.P.C.A

Strangely enough no one seen what happened that day but he "may have fallen off his horse".
    One of the best days of my life.

Apologies op for putting a horse story in your dog thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MissHappiness

That git fell of his horse, Karma!!!!

If they were youngsters from the locality, and I knew them, I would probably draw it to their parents attention. If it was a prolonged thing, I'd call guards, who will say it's a dog warden issue and they'll call them. God help the kids when these people start having them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i'd snap. i don't think my own personal safety or whatever would have entered into it. i woulda been over there rippin into them about cruelty, and if they laid into me, well i woulda done my darndest to kick seven bells out of them then took the dog off them. poor dog.

mind karma is a bitch, and one of these days i can see that dog throwing a fit and ripping a chunk out of the wagon!

hdowney wrote: »
    i'd snap. i don't think my own personal safety or whatever would have entered into it. i woulda been over there rippin into them about cruelty, and if they laid into me, well i woulda done my darndest to kick seven bells out of them then took the dog off them. poor dog.

mind karma is a bitch, and one of these days i can see that dog throwing a fit and ripping a chunk out of the wagon!

It's easier said than done when you are intimidated. Even with my dog, I don't think I would approach a load of drunken teenagers. She would make short work of them, but I wouldn't put her in that position of being the baddie either. I certainly wouldn't want her put down because she is "violent", she's scary looking, but scared of her own shadow. I'd report it, with guards and dog warden. It's not likely guards will make it a priority, but at least it will be on file. If I was a parent of someone who would do such a thing, I'd make sure they are never allowed to have a pet worm, let alone look after a family member.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

It's easier said than done when you are intimidated. Even with my dog, I don't think I would approach a load of drunken teenagers. She would make short work of them, but I wouldn't put her in that position of being the baddie either. I certainly wouldn't want her put down because she is "violent", she's scary looking, but scared of her own shadow. I'd report it, with guards and dog warden. It's not likely guards will make it a priority, but at least it will be on file. If I was a parent of someone who would do such a thing, I'd make sure they are never allowed to have a pet worm, let alone look after a family member.

i can totally see where you are coming from, thing is i think i can be quite a reactionary person, do now think later type, so that is why i can see me snapping at ur wan

I don't think, I know I'm a very reactional person, but I would not even approach them, unless I knew I had upper hand. With my dog, I know it's automatic, but I would not like to jeopardise the other dog. They get to sweep them away, do it again. That's why I'd rather report them to all authorities available, the parents, guards, dog warden. No way I'll lead myself into a dragons den, and have my dog protect me, it'll be seen as a restricted dog attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭slashygoodness

I have zero tolerance of cruelty to animals.
    If I felt safe and was sure that I would not put my girls in danger..and the 'scumbag' did not reponded to a polite request to stop abusing her dog, I would probably have thrown the girl into the lake and taken the dog and reported the cruelty to the authorities....granted I have been told in the past that I can be a super scary psycho bit#h...

but you should not beat yourself up over this as you did what you could and kept yourself and your doggies safe, and in the heat of the moment and that's what counts

Advertisement