Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to stay in Dingle?

Options
  • 03-06-2011 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I am bringing my parents over to Dingle mid-july for a one night stay. I wondered if anyone knew of a nice cheapish b and b or hotel near to local tourist attractions. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

try the Lantern Townhouse
    www.lanterntownhouse.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 LMFAOx3

I've been to this b&b- Hand's Dunroman and it's lovely and peacful and right next to the town as well.
    www.dunroman.com
    I would definitely go there if i was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Thinking of Going to Dingle next weekend.
    Are there places that you can rent out bicycles in the town somewhere as neither me or the missus can drive ?
    Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay in the town,the Lantern looks ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

The Lantern is fine -- there are loads of good places really but the Dingle Races are on next Friday, Saturday and Sunday and they do draw a bit of a crowd, especially to the general Main Street area which can be very busy and noisy at night on the Races weekend. The Lantern is just beside the main "races pub" and may already be booked out.
    Tripadvisor is generally accurate about most Dingle B and Bs and might be worth a look. John Street and Upper Main Street would be better options for next weekend.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Foxy Johns hires bikes.I'd go for somewhere like Bamburys, just at the edge of town, as has been already pointed out main street will be noisy.If you don't drive and will be arriving by bus, it would be handy for the bus stop

You could also consider the Capall Dubh on Green st.Won't be as noisy as main street but still does get a fair footfall.

Kirarry on the list below is in an excellent location, but is off the main thoroughfares so should be fine noise wise.

http://www.dingle-peninsula.ie/bbdingle.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I've stayed in Heatons B&B its 5mins walk outside town which means you're away from any noise. I can't sing their praises enough. My last stay there was in May & we had a fab time & their breakfast was amazing. Pm me if u want anymore details

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

LMFAOx3 wrote: »
    I've been to this b&b- Hand's Dunroman and it's lovely and peacful and right next to the town as well.
    www.dunroman.com
    I would definitely go there if i was you.
    Not in town, a few miles out, on the Lispole side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Thanks for the info lads,might hold off for 2 weeks then if its going to be that hectic as its not our scene.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kiersm wrote: »
    I've stayed in Heatons B&B its 5mins walk outside town which means you're away from any noise. I can't sing their praises enough. My last stay there was in May & we had a fab time & their breakfast was amazing. Pm me if u want anymore details

I forgot to say Heatons too! We stayed there about a year & half ago, and it is probably the nicest B&B I've stayed in, plus I've never had a nicer breakfast!!!

Advertisement