Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to pick cherries & strawberries?

Options
  • 03-06-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

I know one can pick Strawberries and cherries at the apple farm
    http://www.theapplefarm.com/cherries.htm near Cahir.

I am looking for something closer to Athlone where I can bring the kids to pick cherries and strawberries.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

If you drive out the ballymahon road, there's a strawberry stand that's parked at the entrance to the old rugby club
    You can pick whichever tray you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭boardtc

I thought three times before posting here alright, too full of clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭boardtc

Veles wrote: »
    I think you may want to explain that statement

I think it was pretty clear. I thought a few times about posting my OP because of the level of smart alec comments I have seen and I figured this straightforward question was ripe for some <select your own description > to hijack with his brand of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

boardtc wrote: »
    I think it was pretty clear. I thought a few times about posting my OP because of the level of smart alec comments I have seen and I figured this straightforward question was ripe for some <select your own description > to hijack with his brand of humour.

I do apologize but I also happen to think that it was a very valid answer albeit a small bit sarcastic.

Anyway, Long gone are the days where you could throw a farmer a fiver and pick strawberries away to your hearts content
    AND Due to Irelands varying climate these days strawberries are mainly grown in tunnels or climate controlled areas

Sorry for ripeing the piss, Alittle humour never killed the crop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Funnily enough I was coming out the Ballymahon Road one day a couple of years ago, and there were two separate men picking and eating berries from the bushes between the White Gates and Sli an Aifrinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

whyulittle wrote: »
    Funnily enough I was coming out the Ballymahon Road one day a couple of years ago, and there were two separate men picking and eating berries from the bushes between the White Gates and Sli an Aifrinn.

They would have been blackberries, we used to pick hundreds of them off the bushes on the Clonown Road years ago, you'll find them all over the country. They must be hardier than cherries and strawberries which in Ireland have to be cultivated in a controlled environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Cherries maybe but there's a few patches of wild strawberries about.

Advertisement