Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek on TV

Options
  • 03-06-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭

Ever since Virgin TV was cancelled *shakes fist* I've been missing my daily dose of Trek :(

Currently Sky Atlantic show Voyager and Enterprise and repeat it during the day.

Sky2 shows DS9 at 2 and 3 o clock on weekdays and repeat them all on Sunday! :D It's currently at the beginning of Season 2 so give it a go if you haven't already!!

Anywhere that shows TNG?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

It irks me that of all the Trek that could be shown, Voyager is the one that always seems to be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

CBS actions shows TOS and channel 138 airs DS9. Pity there's no TNG on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I actually watched an ep of Star Trek Enterprise on Sky Atlantic (108) today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

was down in the parents house during the weekend

they have the basic package from upc and I think it was sky and maybe another channel showing ds9

good eps too

• Registered Users Posts: 39 scoobyjack

The DVD sets have come down a lot in price over the years - now £16 per series on Amazon.... good value for money in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

scoobyjack wrote: »
    The DVD sets have come down a lot in price over the years - now £16 per series on Amazon.... good value for money in my opinion.

Agreed. Star Trek on tv = p1ss poor resolution, episodes broken by ads every few minutes, & endless repeats of the same shows.

Star Trek on dvd = higher resolution, higher sound quality, unbroken, uncut & you have control over what you watch & when you watch it.

Watch Star Trek on tv? Well double dumb ass on you.

You do however get insightful commentary at the end of every episode from that trekologist dude, looking noble and solemn against a background of space

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sky 2 showed 6 seasons of DS9 but not Season 7. :mad:

fuuu.png

lol, reminds me of when Sci Fi showed 6 seasons of Buffy but not 7, then repeated back to season 4, which led me to think, maybe they'll show season 7 this time, but they didn't!

Advertisement