Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish foundation

• 03-06-2011 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi im considering dropping to foundation level irish in the leaving next week but i just would like to know how much does this limit me in course choice? Do most college courses need a pass in ordinay irish?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

There is no way of getting into the NUI colleges (NUIG, NUIM, UCC, UCD) with foundation Irish.. they only accept a D3 at ordinary level and thats it! If your doing foundation you can't go there at all.. for any courses, as you need Irish for every course even if its not relevant to the course!

TCD, DCU and UL don't accept it either, however you don't need it for matriculation so you can use another subject instead of it.

Not many Colleges accept it either, they usually only accept foundation maths, but thats only for matriculation, it can't be used towards points.

A select few colleges do accept it though! AIT for example accepts it but only at a B2 level.

I'm studying foundation Irish.. and i'm going to DCU.. I took on Religion as an extra subject just to cover for it.. it really is a pointless subject(foundation).. I really wouldn't study it if I were you.. prioritise other subjects instead!

Advertisement