Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Give your unborn child a facebook page !

• 03-06-2011 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Just read on some nutjob website that the latest craze for expectant parents is to make a facebook page for their unborn child using scan pictures as their profile picture. Ffs, though id seen it all !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Facebook now provides birth certificates - your online presence begins at age zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

They will make great parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Wondering if anyone will name their page "Miscarriage"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

were do you begin. Humans!! im loosing all touch with civilisation there all turning into nut jobs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Or mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'm just gonna call my child Facebook so. Just to be different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

were do you begin. Humans!! im loosing all touch with civilisation there all turning into nut jobs

But you're keeping a firm grip on the language...that's the important thing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Facebook now provides birth certificates - your online presence begins at age zero.

Lol, is that where Obama got his? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

:( Jesus Christ whatever happened to expectant parents
    speaking face to face to proper friends instead of stalkers I dread to think
    what kind weirdos see your newborn pictures, scary

in the future people will ask what period of time you'd like to live in ...

I would say anytime before facebook/sadbook .............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Facebook is like smoking, if I ever caught a child of mine doing either I'd **** them outa the house :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I'm just gonna call my child Facebook so. Just to be different

It's been done. Sadly.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2380670,00.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

me and my missus have both agreed to keep our scan pics private to ourselves, when he is born this october all being well please god, we will post a couple of pics him, but only then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

how is that even funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Seeing as the unborn cannot consent to this it should be illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭draylander

well if you think thats great well ive already started a page for my sperm.
    I update the account with a regular account of how many sperm I have as well as telling th world everytime my bads boys are in danger of procreating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭lace

Technically, making a page for an unborn child is against Facebook's terms of use so by all rights pages like that should be taken down. It's creepy and wrong. I pity the poor kids. This generation of kiddies will probably be spurting first words like "omg bbz", "sum ppl" and "lol".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Some sad MoFo's out there.

• Advertisement

Drink fuelled one night stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

This is disgraceful. It goes to show how technology is really invading on people's lives. Privacy and with it decency and decorum seem to be dying out.

I do have a Facebook page - as many of my friends/family are abroad and it is an easy way to keep up - but some of the things I have seen people post on there is shocking. People don't seem to care what they put up on these pages.

This makes me really cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Is baby Storm getting a new brother sister, it.?
    Sounds like the type of thing that would appeal to such ****ed up parents.

UpCork wrote: »
    This is disgraceful. It goes to show how technology is really invading on people's lives. Privacy and with it decency and decorum seem to be dying out.

I do have a Facebook page - as many of my friends/family are abroad and it is an easy way to keep up - but some of the things I have seen people post on there is shocking. People don't seem to care what they put up on these pages.

This makes me really cross

Facebook is fine if used for practical reasons like the one you mention. However, this baby stuff is the kind of thing which would put people off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Totally ridiculous!! Is anything kept private anymore:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Make the man some eggs woman

Im gonna take a pic of a fresh hot load for a fb profile, since its the craze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Thought you had be 13+ to have an account. Obviously you can get around that. Zuckerberg is considering lowering the age for Facebook membership - presumably so that advertisers can target kids.

There's nothing worse than kids on these networks. I recall a friend of a friend setting a MySpace page for their baby and proceeding to annoy everbody with baby updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PennyLane88

This sounds f***ed up, what person in their right minds does this kinda s***??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Andersy

One of my friend has his 1 year old baby and he developed Facebook Account. Now they are trying to facilitate him by providing him every thing furnished already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

Children are like farts, you can only tolerate your own.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Facebook will be long gone before any of the sprogletts are old enough to use the account themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Andersy

Facebook is like smoking, if I ever caught a child of mine doing either I'd **** them outa the house :pac:

Yes you are absolutely right. Facebook is like chain smoking. Who has a touch of it can never be let out of it.

Advertisement