Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiphone 4 wont receive texts...

Options
  • 03-06-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hey everyone!
    So my hiphone arrived the other day and I love it to bits, unfortunately its not receiving texts unless the text is from voicemail.
    I have upgraded my sim card, hasnt helped.
    Rang vodaphone who confirmed that its not the network its the phone.
    I can send texts and make and recieve phone calls and voicemail is working.
    Message centre number is correct.
    If i turn phone off and turn it back on it will recieve one text ( have tested this with my sis, I turn phone off and on she texts, i get the first text and none after that)
    Changed the mms settings, which helped, recived 3 texts but none after that.
    Have emailed company I bought phone off (sarimobi) they wont reply.
    At my wits end people :( What is up with the phone?
    Oh and I asked vodaphone why i could receive the voicemail texts and the guy just said "pure luck", :confused:

Any help is appreciated, love this phone but will have to get rid if it wont receive txts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭laura1990

Hey everyone!
    So my hiphone arrived the other day and I love it to bits, unfortunately its not receiving texts unless the text is from voicemail.

I have upgraded my sim card, hasnt helped.
    Rang vodaphone who confirmed that its not the network its the phone.
    I can send texts and make and recieve phone calls and voicemail is working.
    Message centre number is correct.
    If i turn phone off and turn it back on it will recieve one text ( have tested this with my sis, I turn phone off and on she texts, i get the first text and none after that)
    Changed the mms settings, which helped, recived 3 texts but none after that.

Have emailed company I bought phone off (sarimobi) they wont reply.
    At my wits end people What is up with the phone?
    Oh and I asked vodaphone why i could receive the voicemail texts and the guy just said "pure luck",

Any help is appreciated, love this phone but will have to get rid if it wont receive txts

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just to clarify.. you do mean iPhone because Hiphone could easily be a Chinese knockoff?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3mbLGjTfhU&feature=related

its a shame, people buy these they lose the whole experience of using
    a Apple Iphone.

buying music and Apps taking photo texting and making phone calls

Its a hiphone (the chinese knockoff).

Im a big apple fan but cant afford the iphone at the moment, the hiphone I purchased is actually pretty good (not a patch on the real thing I know but pretty decent).

Any thoughts about the sms? Vodaphone says that this happens to iPhones too but to fix its a simple matter of fixing settings through itunes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

laura1990 wrote: »

Im a big apple fan but cant afford the iphone at the moment, the hiphone I purchased is actually pretty good (not a patch on the real thing I know but pretty decent).

Any thoughts about the sms? Vodaphone says that this happens to iPhones too but to fix its a simple matter of fixing settings through itunes...

So you have a hiphone on Vodaphone...instead of an iPhone on Vodafone?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

What the hell is a hiphone? Is that one of the fake chinese ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Is this a fake iPhone 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

How's your kidney's laura? that's a nice way to get a genuine iphone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd imagine support for a "hiphone" would be pretty limited Laura to be honest.

You get what you pay for to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Make sure the right message centre number is in, in the settings

For vodafone its +35387699989 i think

• Advertisement

Make sure the right message centre number is in, in the settings

For vodafone its +35387699989 i think

Yeah msg centre number is correct, Ive restored factory settings too didnt help

How's your kidney's laura? that's a nice way to get a genuine iphone :pac:

:D Id get an iPhone and iPad for my kidney, their in great shape ha

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Is this a fake iPhone 4?
    Yes fake iphone, one of many, however let me just put it out there this isnt a bad phone, i love it, hence why i want the texting problem sorted it would be perfect till i get the money for a genuine iPhone.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Merged the two threads

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Doubt there is a fix hence why it's a cheap knockoff of the real thing.
    Have you considered an iPhone 3GS? You can get a second hand one on Adverts for about 200-250E. :)

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Doubt there is a fix hence why it's a cheap knockoff of the real thing.
    Have you considered an iPhone 3GS? You can get a second hand one on Adverts for about 200-250E. :)

Yup considered that, but i think the iPhone 4 is way ahead of the 3GS.
    Ive seen some iphone4 going for cheap on done deal but id be suspicious of a dirt cheap iPhone...

Yup considered that, but i think the iPhone 4 is way ahead of the 3GS.
    Ive seen some iphone4 going for cheap on done deal but id be suspicious of a dirt cheap iPhone...

lol id be suspicious of a dirt cheap knock off running windows mobile in the background :)

Why dont ya go for a HTC Desire or a Nexus, you can still pick up brand new ones around 200-300. Flash MIUI Rom on it and you will get the best of both world :) like yet, better than iPhone interface, andyou will be able to customize it.

Im a big apple iPhone fan and blackberry, dont know much about them other phones:P

Im a big apple iPhone fan and blackberry, dont know much about them other phones:P

well letting ya know that being a apple fan is quite expensive ;) so make choices before its too late :)

update! Little sister got the same phone (she is back from holidays thats why she's only started using it now, arrived while she was away). Her one works perfectly :( So im now pretty sure its a fault with just my phone. She's on meteor but i dont think this should make a difference. Matched all the setting on my phone with hers and mine still wont recieve texts :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement