Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question about getting your hormone levels checked

Options
  • 04-06-2011 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm am interesting in knowing if my testosterone levels are adequate and if my hormones are in balance. I'm in my late 20s. My question basically is, who should I see about this, should I ask my GP, would I need a referral from him? I don't want to appear frivolous to him, like I'm wasting his time, and I'm very embarassed to admit or contemplate that my hormones may be out of whack like a teenager or my testosterone levels are low. This is important to me. Is getting such a bloodtest generally expensive? Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

start with your GP... explain your concerns and symptoms and they'll take it from there. they can do bloods if indicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

Don't feel bad about wanting to get tested. Hormones can go out of balance and if they do can play havoc with the system.
    If your GP takes bloods he may charge a bit more for it (I think it's maybe something like between 50-70 Euros) or some GPs give you a lab slip for a hospital, in which case it doesn't cost anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

I'm am interesting in knowing if my testosterone levels are adequate and if my hormones are in balance.

This is a drug companys website that deals with TDS hth

http://www.lustforlife.ie/

Advertisement