Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Social Welfare Question.....

• 04-06-2011 3:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I broke my wrist yesterday and I have to get a pin it it.So no work for 3 months. :(

Anyways, Im just back from a year in Australia and I was wondering will I be entitled to Social Welfare?

I have 4 years of stamps built up but recently was told that anyone who was out of the country for more than six months lose their stamps?Is this true?

Also I will be living at home and Im 23 years old.My father is a self employed farmer and Mum doesnt work,will this affect my payment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Best thing you can do is go and ask at your local social welfare office. You could try ringing them, but from my experience, it's unlikely they'll pick up the phone, so you'll probably have to show up in person.

I assume if you broke your wrist, you're doing some one-handed typing there...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

i had thought of going in but in this country they will never give you what your entitled to.

Im hoping someone here can give me advice,so that I know what im entitled to before I go and meet them.

Im a dabb hand at the one hand typing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Folks on the State Benefits forum are more likely to know :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Folks on the State Benefits forum are more likely to know :)
    I couldnt find that forum.Would you be bale to move this thread to it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Dazzler88 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I broke my wrist yesterday and I have to get a pin it it.So no work for 3 months. :(

Anyways, Im just back from a year in Australia and I was wondering will I be entitled to Social Welfare?

I have 4 years of stamps built up but recently was told that anyone who was out of the country for more than six months lose their stamps?Is this true?

Also I will be living at home and Im 23 years old.My father is a self employed farmer and Mum doesnt work,will this affect my payment?
    What were you doing in the whole of 2009 OP?

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    What were you doing in the whole of 2009 OP?
    I was working full time.I was working up until April 2010 and then I went to Australia,I spent a full year away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Have you been working since you got home and what were you doing? Am taking from your post you've been doing something if you can 'no longer work'.

Can't really tell how your wrist has anything to do with it or not, or if you're just asking if you qualify for the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

did your GP complete a SW Cert for you?If not,go back to him/her as soon as they reopen and ask for a SW cert.Fill in your own details and drop it into your local Sw office.It would appear to me you are entitled to Illness Benefit. While your waiting for your claim to be heard, if your stuck, you can try for an SWA from the CWO but that will be means-tested. Worth a try though, you have nothing to lose:D

Have you been working since you got home and what were you doing? Am taking from your post you've been doing something if you can 'no longer work'.

Can't really tell how your wrist has anything to do with it or not, or if you're just asking if you qualify for the dole.
    the reason I mentioned my wrist is because it means I cant work for the next 3 months.No I haven't worked since I came back to Ireland a month ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

I would have thougth based on what you've said that you should apply for Illness benefit not Jobseekers benefit first.

In order to qualify for Jobseekers benefit you have to be actively seeking and be available for work and as you're injured you physically can't.

You need to get your GP to fill out a MC1 form for you and you take it into your local office, or post it to the Illness benefit PO Box on the form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am filling out the mc1 form to claim illness benefit. in the empoyment section it asks for your staff number. what is this number? and where will i get it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

mary.d wrote: »
    I am filling out the mc1 form to claim illness benefit. in the empoyment section it asks for your staff number. what is this number? and where will i get it?
    If you have one it will be on your payslip(from work).

Advertisement