Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Case Studies

• 04-06-2011 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Is it true that if i just study the case studies im gauranteed to get essays on them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

No... they have to put a question relating to a case study in each section but it can bring in a lot more aswell from the chapters surrounding the case study... you would be screwed if you only studied the case studies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

You'd have to know the case studies in greater context. eg. for Russia - The Show Trials - You'd have to prepare it alongside other topics such as totalitarianism in Stalin's Russia, his use of terror and propaganda etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

:L:L my teacher told us only to learn the case studies and we would be grand cause we are guaranteed a question on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

C__ wrote: »
    :L:L my teacher told us only to learn the case studies and we would be grand cause we are guaranteed a question on it.

Your teacher obviously isnt very good. You really will struggle in a section like Dictatorship and Democracy in Europe because they never seem to ask a case study on its own. If nothing comes up on Stalin then you cant use the show trials. Nuremberg would be hard to link to a lot of Nazi/Hitler questions. The Jarrow march is the only one which I think has been asked before.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

In Ordinary Level, you're guaranteed Case Study questions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Guaranteed in ordinary, most definitely not in Higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

Your teacher obviously isnt very good. You really will struggle in a section like Dictatorship and Democracy in Europe because they never seem to ask a case study on its own. If nothing comes up on Stalin then you cant use the show trials. Nuremberg would be hard to link to a lot of Nazi/Hitler questions. The Jarrow march is the only one which I think has been asked before.

We don't do that book and there has been questions on case studies in every section we have done since 2006

Advertisement