Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen fruit salad

Options
  • 04-06-2011 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭

So I'm having a bbq tonight and I got a few bags of frozen ready made fruit salad in the supermarket. But now what to do with it? Just wanted something nice and fruity after large ingestions of meat :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can be nice on its own, or with just vanilla ice cream. You could use meringues with it, or break them up like a eton mess

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I got some cream and a Pavlova base and I'm defrosting some of the fruit to make a compote and gonna mix it all together :D

Thanks! Very simple suggestion, I just had a temporary brain freeze (pun intended.) *chuckles*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How did you get on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

The sauce I was gonna make using some of the fruit didn't happen cause both the food processors were broken! So it was just some fruit and some frozen fruit, cream and meringue, and it went down a treat :D Very simple and cheap to have at the end of a bbq.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

A good dressing for fruit is marshmallow creme mixed with some dairy sour cream and a drop of vanilla. sort of cheese cakey taste. Dip fruits or drizzle over,

• Advertisement
Advertisement