Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Review my site please

• 04-06-2011 4:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭

Any reviews apriciated:D
    thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi first impressions looks clean & fresh. :)

Your name doesn't indicate what your business does but as soon as you click on website it becomes clear so forgivable.

Personally I wouldn't trust a mobile number, only landline.

I'm unsure of the colours used on the left side, it might be easier to browse if they were drop down tabs.

Just a few thoughts,

Best of luckk!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Get Cracking

Thanks very much for taking the time and reviewing my website. I have a landline phone number but it is on the contact us page. Do you think we should move it to the header where the mobile phone number is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

General rule: keep text as text, not graphics. The main reason is for SEO.

Your house in hands image, contact page image and I suspect a few more are rights managed by iStockPhoto. Make sure you have the licence to use it or they could hit you with a bill for unauthorised use. Firms like iStockPhoto take these matters seriously and trawl the web for infringements. GettyImages have been known to hit websites for up to $1000 per image, though typically a few hundred dollars.

Your homepage text is too 'we' oriented and not enough 'you'. You wouldn't give that kind of spiel to someone phoning you. Address your potential customers issues, indicate your solution then tell them to get in touch. Eg. [h2]Moving house or office[/h2] soon? We're experts at this for over 10 years. Get in touch for a quote[link].

Your h1 an h2 are use on Home, Welcome to Get Cracking. These have no search engine equity. Use your headings for keywords like what you do which is the lhs nav menu.

Align your lhs nav menu text to the left, easier to read. Make them text, not graphics.

On the contact page, put your postal address for trust. A Google map and form are also good here.

Do you have 3rd party contents insurance? You should and you should shout that out. Most removals firms don't so if something breaks on the way, the client doesn't get the compensation they should or they do by suing you and you'll earn a bad reputation.

Typical/guide price indications are always good. Price is important in making purchase decisions.

In the services, seperate your paragraphs properly.

Your forms:
    On-site visit is missing From where are you moving? and should also have where to.

Indicate which fields must be filled in and only require the minimum to be filled.

You shouldn't need email address for have us call you.

The layout on Our Clients is broken.

Your site is designed using DreamWeaver with tables for layout and styles in each page. This is bad practice, meaning making changes is more difficult. Try to redo your site using a template with a css based layout stored in a single seperate file. You be glad in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Thanks very much for taking the time and reviewing my website. I have a landline phone number but it is on the contact us page. Do you think we should move it to the header where the mobile phone number is?

I personally wouldn't choose a company that had a mobile number up, I didn't realise a land line was in the contact page though.
    You have contact us on "087.. " in a few places which threw me off also. I would change the header to land line number yea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Get Cracking

Hi really appriciate all the tips:),
    Just for the record we do have 3 diferent types of ins:D,
    We are getting an office this coming week,
    Again thanks for the advise. Super job!

• Advertisement
Advertisement