Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring number

Options
  • 04-06-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Just switched from O2 to 3 Mobile.

They told me it would take about 24 hours for my old O2 number to be assigned to the new SIM card.

My old phone and SIM stopped working about two hours ago with the message "SIM card registration failed" but the new android phone still has the temporary 3 Mobile number.

I was told I only needed to restart the Android phone for the new number to take effect. I've tried several times but no luck.

It's annoying because I cant be contacted - how long can I expect this to go on?

Is this normal?? The guy in the shop gave me the impression that it was going to be seamless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

civ247 wrote: »

They told me it would take about 24 hours for my old O2 number to be assigned to the new SIM card.

My old phone and SIM stopped working about two hours ago with the message "SIM card registration failed" but the new android phone still has the temporary 3 Mobile number.

I was told I only needed to restart the Android phone for the new number to take effect. I've tried several times but no luck.

It's annoying because I cant be contacted - how long can I expect this to go on?

Is this normal?? The guy in the shop gave me the impression that it was going to be seamless.

yes it should be seamless, but three seem to mess up / complicate even the simplest of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 civ247

Got a text from 3 Mobile on the new phone saying the port is complete - restarted the phone twice - it's still the temporary number.

what time did you switch/port to three at?

Bought the phone yesterday evening - this is when they organized the port. The old phone went dead about two hours ago, go the message stating the port is completed about half an hour ago.

Just restarted the phone - no luck. Took the battery out just to be sure.

Bought the phone yesterday evening - this is when they organized the port. The old phone went dead about two hours ago, go the message stating the port is completed about half an hour ago.

Just restarted the phone - no luck. Took the battery out just to be sure.

thats the second port mess up i have heard of recently, a friend moved his o2 bill pay number to three, and his o2 number went dead on tuesday, and it took numerous calls and emails to get it sorted, which took until the friday evening to eventually get it sorted! in his case both the o2 number and the three temp number both went inactive!

• Advertisement

Just tested it and I can be contacted on the new phone by calling the old(correct) number. For some reason the phone insists its number is the temporary one.

As long as its working.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

When I switched it was atleast 3 days before my old number answered on the 'three' phone.

Advertisement