Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv Satellite Installation Castlebar area?

Options
  • 04-06-2011 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Hi, do you guys know of anyone who will fit a satellite in the Castlebar area?
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

i see a guy around who does this i think he is Tonra based in Balla i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Link for Tonra TV here http://www.tonratv.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭kaizer13

I have ben considering offering my domestic satellite TV dish and equipment supply and installation services once that we have finally managed to re-locate to Co. Mayo but that is several months away yet.:(

It is interesting to note that there may be a demand for dish installation services and I am sure that many people are still unaware that it is easily possible to receive hundreds of channels including BBC and ITV totaly legally and without having to pay out monthly subscriptions.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Avns1s wrote: »
    Link for Tonra TV here http://www.tonratv.com/

Rang tonra today. He would only put up his own kits he sells. He wont touch what he called "DIY kits" and deemed them "inferior quality"

Fair enough i guess, just gonna do it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

ahyeahok wrote: »
    Rang tonra today. He would only put up his own kits he sells. He wont touch what he called "DIY kits" and deemed them "inferior quality"

Good luck finding the satellite without a meter, it's 23,000 miles away

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Good luck finding the satellite without a meter, it's 23,000 miles away

well i wont be going that far.....

I have put up a sat before but thanks for your input :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

ahyeahok wrote: »

Ring him again and ask him if he is a member of ISAA(see Satellite Forum for their details). If he's not, then there's a chance he could be selling shyte himself. A bit cocky for him to come out with that attitude anyway. Mind you, there's also a chance all the other installers will have the same attitude.:(. And charge an arm & a leg to install your kit.:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭greenpilot

hi,

did mine myself today, cost 70 euro in Aldi, pointed it towards the south east, keeping the dish straight and picked up Astra 19 in 5 mins.!!!! I had turned on the TV with the volime up full with the window open so I could hear when I had the signal. Its sooooooo easy to do yourself.

Paul

Ring him again and ask him if he is a member of ISAA(see Satellite Forum for their details). If he's not, then there's a chance he could be selling shyte himself. A bit cocky for him to come out with that attitude anyway. Mind you, there's also a chance all the other installers will have the same attitude.:(. And charge an arm & a leg to install your kit.:(:(

He wasn't that cocky to be honest, just very to the point. As for the quality of his stuff i cant say, ill give him the benefit of the doubt. Anyways the Sat is up now, did it myself. i had just wanted the easier way out and get some one to do it for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

He's not the first person to say that the dishes and fixings on the aldi / lidl stuff is very poor. Do a search here and you'll find multiple threads stating that its a good idea to use the box but with a better dish.

It's not unreasonable for him to give his opinion and also not get drawn into a relationship which will involve an "unhappy customer" because the dish is blown out of alignment everytime there is a puff of wind or rusts off the wall in a year.

Just my 2c but anyway, you managed to do it yourself so all's well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Avns1s wrote: »
    He's not the first person to say that the dishes and fixings on the aldi / lidl stuff is very poor. Do a search here and you'll find multiple threads stating that its a good idea to use the box but with a better dish.

It's not unreasonable for him to give his opinion and also not get drawn into a relationship which will involve an "unhappy customer" because the dish is blown out of alignment everytime there is a puff of wind or rusts off the wall in a year.

Just my 2c but anyway, you managed to do it yourself so all's well.

+1, dishes don't last long in the West of Ireland due to the salty Atlantic air, go down around Achill or Belmullet, you'd get around 6-9 months out of the shíte ones Sky supply before it falls off the wall with rust

Advertisement