Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Boards.ie PS3 Games Nights - June 2011 Edition]

Options
  • 04-06-2011 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

161653.jpg

So the PSN is now back to normal pretty much, so it's time for a new Boardsie Games Night to get going! Now comes with a chance to win a prize! :O

As usual, you can have your say about what games you'd like to play and give your thoughts and ideas about the nights in general >here<.

Sunday: MAG

Monday: Red Dead/Warhawk

Wednesday: MAG

Friday: Co-op/New Releases (e.g. Portal 2, Dead Nation, Burnout Paradise).

Saturday: Killzone 3

I'd like to get the high score challenge going this month as well, with a small prize for the winner. The game will be Shatter and the prize is the pre-order DLC for LA Noire (soundtrack and the 'Slip of the Tongue' case). Whomever gets the highest score playing through the Standard game mode by the end of the month will be the winner.

I am aware that most of the games are shooters, we can always add some racing games etc on Tuesday and Thursday, or shuffle things around a bit. It's hard to fit all the games in and keep everyone happy.

Here's a signature sized version of the banner. Enjoy my crappy Photoshop skillz. :pac:
    161654.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Won't be around tomorrow night but will be there for the other nights. Great idea with the Shatter high score challenge too.

For co-op night I'll be on Uncharted 2 or Resistance 2 for anyone else that's up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Good stuff. Looking forward to Monday immensely. I love both of those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

HELL TO THE FRIGGIN' YEAH! I'm gonna demolish you all at Warhawk!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'll be around for MAG tomorrow.

Would anybody be up for a playthrough of Dead Rising 2 on co-op. Just the story missions - none of the side stuff.
    Need that trophy to plat the game..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Should have killzone by Tuesday and i'm ready for Mag, Dead Nation, Red Dead, and Burnout Paradise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else have brink and be interested in a co-op night?

Anyone else have brink and be interested in a co-op night?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Might have to buy warhawk...

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Good idea. I'd say definitely do Burnout Paradise as everyone on PSN gets that free for a month with the PSN Apology Plan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'll be working tonight I'm afraid. Stupid Bank Holiday. Would have loved a few games of MAG.

• Advertisement

Might have to buy warhawk...
    Go ahead. Just don't expect anyone to go easy on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Warhawk will be good fun, myself and goth had a quick game just to see how easy it was to setup last night.
    We were dogfighting for about 20 minutes until i flew into a bridge.
    That was it really no kills apart from that :D

Yeah I joined in later but I think you'd stopped by that stage. Warhawk is just a huge amount of fun.

Might be around for some Killzone 3 at the weekend. I'm TERRIBLE at it though :(

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Yeah I joined in later but I think you'd stopped by that stage. Warhawk is just a huge amount of fun.

Might be around for some Killzone 3 at the weekend. I'm TERRIBLE at it though :(

Well i had a clan match running at the start with the "only clan members" checkbox ticked, thought that would keep it amongst boardies.
    It didnt and had about 30 people playing so left it running.

How do I get an invite to the clan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Pretty sure you just have to set your clantag to BIE in the menu and you're good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I sent you an invite yesterday before I turned off Warhawk, did it not work?

Warhawk was a lot of fun (such as the time I surprised a guy with a rocket to the face), it would be great if a few more Boardsies got on. I'm a newb at Warhawk but somehow I managed to be the number one player for a round, go me! ^^

I checked before I started playing but didn't check when I logged out. I'll do that later.

Yeah if we could get maybe eight of us we would have a good little session going. The good thing about setting a server up like that is that you aren't limiting the people who can play by ability. Most of the standard servers on there have ability ceilings and as I've been playing for three years I always have to play against good players (I'm not very good, despite playing a fair bit). Last night I even shot a few people down whilst in a Warhawk which is very rare for me.

Maybe Goth should get a list of players for next week to add for clan for Warhawk. Im in. Defo on for it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

eddhorse wrote: »
    Maybe Goth should get a list of players for next week to add for clan for Warhawk. Im in. Defo on for it next week.
    That would actually help a lot - I don't want to be sending invites to people who have the game but have zero interest. Apparently there already is a clan under the name 'Boards.ie' so I wonder who the leader of that was?

So yes, please let me know if you want in on the Warhawk clan! :)

• Advertisement

GothPunk wrote: »
    That would actually help a lot - I don't want to be sending invites to people who have the game but have zero interest. Apparently there already is a clan under the name 'Boards.ie' so I wonder who the leader of that was?

So yes, please let me know if you want in on the Warhawk clan! :)

I believe that was someone on my friends list that are on boards.ie, cant for the life of me remember.

How is the shatter competition coming along?

Is everyone up for MAG tonight? I'm on now.

Sorry lads, my PS3 froze on me in that last game. Just as we were getting the bunkers down too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Sorry lads, my PS3 froze on me in that last game. Just as we were getting the bunkers down too :mad:

Don't worry about it... not much else happened... we lost, many team mates and I died many times, I team killed Thorn :o etc etc

Genesis i take it !!

You did revive me i think as well a few times. 1792XP was nice for doing SFA.

Paddy i thought you got voted off the team, i voted for you anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

eddhorse wrote: »
    Genisis i take it !!

You did revive me i think as well a few times. 1792XP was nice for doing SFA.

Paddy i thought you got voted off the team, i voted for you anyways.

Indeed... :(

And yes, I revived you as soon as I could so that nullified the XP loss for scoping your head :p Dunno how many XP points I got but I leveled up 3 levels :cool:

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Indeed... :(

And yes, I revived you as soon as I could so that nullified the XP loss for scoping your head :p Dunno how many XP points I got but I leveled up 3 levels :cool:

You got a lot more than me alright :)

There is no game down for tonight so might be up for a few more games. :D

Lads, what is MAG? Describe it to me. Am I missing out by never having heard of it prior to this thread?

Lads, what is MAG? Describe it to me. Am I missing out by never having heard of it prior to this thread?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAG_%28video_game%29
    MAG, previously titled MAG: Massive Action Game is a multiplayer-only first-person shooter video game developed by Zipper Interactive for the PlayStation 3.
    The game uses a new server architecture to support online battles with up to 256 players, with users divided into eight-player squads, with four squads forming a platoon, and four platoons forming a company.Each squad is led by a player who has advanced through the game's ranking system. Character statistics and development also increase with frequent gameplay.The players assigned leadership positions are able to simultaneously direct the battle and participate directly in combat.

Videos Here : http://www.mag.com/gd_IR/mag/media?state=videoplayer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So whats been played tonite?

Advertisement