Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Binman

• 04-06-2011 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43 WoodView

im thinking about entering a contract with mr binman to collect my domestic rubbish--have tried his website for info and tried to send an email but a message keeps coming back--'must insert phone number' --even though i had---anyway the real question is ..does anyone know how much and can u do it monthly quarterly or yearly---do they ask for more of this id nonsense that everyone is going for nowadays[started by banks and social welfare departments] as in passport ,driving liscence,birth cert, tax records,bank statements, 14 utility bills and 1 of your dead great- grandparents bodys for DNA comparison. Anyway all information welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 WoodView

they will be open for buisness on Tuesday but id like to know before then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Binman are a rip off always have been always will be.

Contact Clean Irl or AES on Tuesday before you sign anything with Binman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I went back to Mr Binman last sept cos they offered me a great price for my contract as I had left them and gone to Clean Ireland for 6 months and I'm not going to renew my contract with them. I have found their service to be ok at best.

They are approximately €160 for 6 months but that getting your bin collected every 2 wks not every week.

Mr Binman doesn't collect your bottles i now Clean Ireland do that every 2 months not sure bout AES tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

I phoned up to leave Mr Binman and the girl offered me a great deal so I stayed with them . €125 for 6 months direct debit , collection every two weeks , no limit on weight .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

jonski wrote: »
    I phoned up to leave Mr Binman and the girl offered me a great deal so I stayed with them . €125 for 6 months direct debit , collection every two weeks , no limit on weight .

Interesting, because they told me last week that they couldn't possibly offer me anything lower when I pointed out that AES were €60 cheaper for what I need.

Paying the €160 but my main bin only needs collecting once a month, however Mr Binman's ridiculous rules mean that I can't then put out the recycling.....so if I have recycling I have to put the rubbish out in-between.

AES are looking pretty decent for 6 months at €50 + (7x€7) + free recycling.

Mr Binman need to cop themselves on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

clean ireland will give their service for €30 and you pay the rest off through post office with their card.

http://www.cleanirl.com/residential.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Redmal

Mr Binman charged me €140 every 6 months but having said that they almost always forgot to collect one of my bins. When I called them each time to ask them about it they tried to turn it around on me and tell me it must have been my fault. I don't understand how because all the bins get collected on the same day and if they collect one then how can they not collect the other one? Anyway, the staff have a terrible attitude in my experience so I knocked them on the head and have switched to Clean Ireland and I've never had any problems since!

Interesting, because they told me last week that they couldn't possibly offer me anything lower when I pointed out that AES were €60 cheaper for what I need.

I know they will do that cos I got them do it for my mum, when hers came up for renewal, I think i got them take bout €25 off the bill.

A sales rep called to my house and they were giving me €145 for 6 months and when I said I'd pay for 12 months in cash i got it for bout €195 if i rem but i'm not particularly impressed with their service so I'm defo not going to renew with them when my contract is up unless they give me a v good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Didn't know whether to start a new thread or bring this back up.

Anyways the new recycle bags, is it me or are they the most p!ss poor quality bags ever. 3 out of 4 have ripped on me so far this year. christ they're bad, you can't put 3/4 of the recyclables into them that you could in the old bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pupito

Yeah, the bags do seem much more flimsy than before. And the blue print annoyingly rubs off on contact with your hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Clean Ireland dont use bags! Meaning you can stuff it in the bigger recycling bin and be done with it until they come for collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mr Binman has a recycling bin as well, not sure if you have to prepay for it or is it to make it easier for them to collect than chasing bags around estates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I'm with Clean Ireland too, used to be with Mr. Binman, one of my better choices to swap companies. Clean Ireland do a glass pick up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

phog wrote: »
    Mr Binman has a recycling bin as well, not sure if you have to prepay for it or is it to make it easier for them to collect than chasing bags around estates.

When I was with them you still had to put (paid for) bags inside that in order to have them collected, and (officially at least) there were only meant to be two bags per collection.

You also had to put out the main bin to have the recycle one collected, which counted as a "lift".

AES have no such restrictions, thankfully, and have worked out at about half the price as a result of their recycling collections being free - main bin once a month & recycle every fortnight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Don't forget South West Bins. Collect alternate weeks. Waste/Recycle. And the week that the Recycle is done, the compost bin is also taken up. Prices aren't bad at all and the bins are the large ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 martinaughuairi

The clear recycling bags used to hold everything. Now they are made of thin cheaper plastic and everytime something with an edge or some weight goes in the bag tears. Noone appears to have noticed - or have they?:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have noticed - they are worse than paper! Next time renewal is up I will be switching to Clean irl

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

we haven't used bags in ages,.... blue bin now no bags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Dragging up an old thread but who would you recommend these days, does mr binman have much in the way of competition?

Compost bin not a big deal for me, glass & recycling are. Who would you recommend? Im in the burbs.

I use AES & they have glass collection as well. I find them fairly good price wise as there's a fee for 6 months & then pay per lift.

• Advertisement

Also interested in this now. Mr Binman couldn't take my Mum's bin last week. Seems it's because she never sent back in the form for the 18 free lifts subsidy (my father passed away in September so we were a bit distracted).

Anyway she'll get the 18 free lifts and then Mr Binman will invoice us per lift afterwards. Forgot to ask how much they would charge but I'm having a look around now to see if there's any better value.

I must say the AES website is far more professional than Mr Binman's at least!! We're in the city by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I would recommend AES. Used to be with Mr.Binman but AES are far better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I would recommend AES. Used to be with Mr.Binman but AES are far better.

Can you expand on why exactly you find them better.
    We've always (10 years) been with Mr Binman and I've never found fault in any way with them. On a couple of occasions we forgot to put the bins out and they came by later in the week to collect them, for that reason alone we've stayed loyal.

Can you expand on why exactly you find them better.
    We've always (10 years) been with Mr Binman and I've never found fault in any way with them. On a couple of occasions we forgot to put the bins out and they came by later in the week to collect them, for that reason alone we've stayed loyal.

Well when I was with Mr.Binman they would regularly not collect the bins and when they did they would throw the bins down on the edge of the road. And one time I was out putting a sausage packet in to the bin just as they were taking it and they would take the bin. So I went to AES and they seem to be cheaper and put the bins back right. I'm in the county BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Been with Mr binman since 1995, can't remember ever having an issue, get a reminder text to put the correct bin out the night before, had a wheelie bin taken and burnt out, they replaced it within a few days, have three bins, compost, recycling & general waste, could get one for glass AFAIK but don't go through too much glass & can recycle the glass on the way to work when needed, have got a couple of skips off them too in the past, good price, no problems, they are actually the only service provider I don't switch on a regular basis, that's my experience anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Used to be with Mr Binman for years and never really had a missed collection or issues with where they left the empty bin but we changed about two years ago to Recyle Right, simply because they were cheaper.

Could also try Clean Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

+1 for AES. They even provided an extra recycling bin at my folks house at no extra charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

AES it is then. Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

+1 for AES. I find them very reliable and reasonable. Been with them a few years now and find them tops.

Advertisement